• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Send Delegate Jeff Frederick your views.

possumboy

imported post

Jeff Frederick has his yearly poll available for those of us in the 52nd District:

http://va52.com/survey/constituent2008/

Survey Question # 7 - Public Safety

Do you believe Virginia needs more gun control laws, has too many gun control laws, or already that existing laws regarding the ownership and use of firearms are about right?
Need more
Too many
About right

vrwmiller

imported post

Xeni wrote:
I did it but feel dirty for having done so.

Didn't see that site using encryption :(

-X
That is disconcerting...have to supply your name and address on an unencrypted page?

I submitted a comment via his web site addressing that particular issue and strongly recommended that the survey be published so that the session can be encrypted.

xd.40

imported post

Slowhand wrote:
What area does District 52 encompass? I live in Lakeridge (Woodbridge). I think I am part of the Occoquan District.

home.gif
function Greeting(){var RightNow = new Date();var hour = RightNow.getHours();if (hour < 12) {document.writeln("Good morning,"); return;}if (hour < 17) {document.writeln("Good afternoon,"); return;}document.writeln("Good evening,");return;}Greeting();Good afternoon, and welcome to my online office.

I'm honored to represent the citizens of Woodbridge, Dumfries, Triangle, Quantico, Montclair, Southbridge, and Manassas in the General Assembly of Virginia. It is our goal to be accessible and responsive to the citizens of the 52nd District, and this website is an easy and effective way for you to be in touch with us, and to stay informed on our progress in representing you.

The 2008 General Assembly session convenes in 41 days, on January 9th.

As we get ready to return to Richmond and prepare our legislative agenda, please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for legislation.

We work for you, so please don't hesitate to contact us if there's anything we can do to be helpful.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve.

jeff.gif

from http://va52.com/

vrwmiller

imported post

This is Delegate Frederick's response to my message encouraging the use of encryption when people are sending their names and addresses over the wire...

Thanks for the note and for taking the time to fill out our legislative survey. Typically, we only encrypt personal financial information, like credit card numbers for our online contributions. Notwithstanding, we'll consider doing it for this information as well.

Thanks again!

-JMF.