Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What .40 should I get

Post imported post

I am looking for a new gun, I amreally not that sure what to get because I already have Glock 19, so i dont want another Glock. I want another polymer gun but it seems that most polymer guns look like Glocks. The one I was thinking about getting was 24/7 pro. But I would like to here some suggestions.

Post imported post

How about a Walther P99/SW99, mine looks damn sexy.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Sitrep wrote:
    How about a Walther P99/SW99, mine looks damn sexy.

Ooohhh, I like. Now I started reading about it and I'm going to have to go check out one of those.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Can't go wrong with H&K. Classic USP, USPc (compact), or the P2000 are all good choices. They are available with your choice a LEM (DAO) or standard DA/SA trigger. They are a little more expensive than Glock, but well worth it IMHO.

I own a full size USP Tactical in .45, A Compact Tactical also in .45, plus a USPc 40. Although I carry my Alaskan and G20 more often than any of my H&K's, it is simply because of the power of the caliber. If H&K made a 10mm, I'd sell both of my G20's in a heartbeat.

(sorry, no pic - I'm at work and anything even remotely gun-related is blocked)

State Researcher

Post imported post

Part of it depends on what sort of trigger action you're looking for. I carry an SW99, partially because my model is Single action/Double action. I don't like the "glock action" type stuff....I like to know that my striker is going to hit every single time I pull the trigger, period.

Anyway regardless of what action you go with, I would also suggest you go with the P99/SW99's. They're just awesome guns. I can't for the life of me figure out why more people don't carry them!

Post imported post

HK P3 (p3000, basically a newer, cooler P2000).

Post imported post

XD-40.

I guess it looks like a Glock, a little.

Shoots a lot better, though.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Too many to name.
    Almost every manufacturer makes a polymer frame .40SW.

R u looking for a full, compact or subcompact, SA, DA/SA or DAO a gun with or without a manual safety, with or without rails, is magazine capacity a issue?

R u dead sent on getting a 40SW?
    the Springfield XD 45 holds more rounds than the 40 does:?
    the XD 45acp Tactical with the compact grip would be my choice

Now the big question,:what: do you want to spend?

prices range from $300 for a SW Sigma, Keltec or Ruger to >$1000 for some of the custom gun makers.

if price was/is a issue SW Sigma or a Ruger would be my choice.

if price and/or polymer aren't a issue a Sig SAS (non ploymer frame)or HK USPc

Springfield XD, SW M&P, SW 99, Taurus andGlock are almost the same price ranging from $400 to $550

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

P99/SW99's.

Some people are still boycotting their product.

and why do people like or dislike anything because they CAN

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

That's exactly right, Agent.

And what happened to your old avatar? I thought it was pretty spiffy.

Post imported post

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    XD-40.

I guess it looks like a Glock, a little.

Shoots a lot better, though.
    It sure doesn't feel like a Block, I mean Glock,either.

Tarzan

State Researcher

Post imported post

yeah, I've gotta say glocks have always felt awkward in my hands. Even the XDs just seem a little larger than they need to be (especially their .45...but thats off topic).

I say you find the gun that feels the best and looks the coolest to you. There are very few new guns on the market today that are absolute lemons. In the long run the feel and looks are gonna probably matter more than anything. I couldn't stand carrying an ugly gun lol. (maybe that's just me ).

I know you're looking for polymer, but you could consider a .40 1911. Thats what my next handgun will be...

Post imported post

Well, I have large hands, so an XD is a good fit for me, as well as a full-size 1911.

Kendo_Bunny loves her Taurus Tracker .38, though. The rubber grip on it is pretty comfy, too.

Post imported post

How about a Beretta PX4 Storm, it's a very good looking pistol and has a great feel to it as well.

Post imported post

HMDGLOCK wrote:
    What .40 should I get
    ...the one with a 5 instead of a 0. > )

j/k, You really can't go wrong with an XD
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

The range I work at we rent guns. The Glocks, HKs, Sigshold up the best in that order, the XD'we got had some issues.. A lot of people are under the misconception that this is made by Springfield Armory when its really made in Croatia imported as the HS 2000 and over night went from $295 TO OVER $500 when S/A put their name on the side of the gun. Weve had 4 XD's at the shop we have 1 left. The others went back to the factory with terminal failures. I've never seen a GlOCK that couldn't be fixed by a Glock Armorer. Glock has A very small number of pieces vs. some plastic copies that have many more.

XD's do fit a lot of peoples hands but as far as someone said better design, LOL I disagree.

Glock being a D/A striker fired pistol is one of the safest handguns made. Thanks but I'll stick with one of my 8 orginals Glock pistols.

Post imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
    Weve had 4 XD's at the shop we have 1 left. The others went back to the factory with terminal failures.* I've never seen a GlOCK that couldn't be fixed by a Glock Armorer.
    That's a pretty rough batch, what happened to those 3?
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

I have a XD-40 Service with 2000+ rounds through it and I've never had a problemwith it. It shoots very well and I have complete faith in it as a self defense weapon.

Post imported post

Ditto on an XD-40 service.

Only problem I've ever had with it was from some CCI shot shells, 100% FTE.

But then again, these were snakeshot shells, with almost no charge to them.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm not surprised that a gun that doesn't see many problems in private hands would start to show issues as a rental. Rentals receive far more abuse than privately owned weapons, and probably just as much, if not more, than military issued weapons.

I am also very curious as to what was failing on the XD's.

Post imported post

Kahr TP-40

Post imported post

Rob, PLEASE!!, by virtue of where you work I know you are not allowed to say anything nice about the XD..... GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK, H&K, GLOCK, GLOCK, H&K. that's about all one will hear. I know the XD in BRA's case is at least 1.5 years old and have NEVER seen 4 or more then 1 for that matter. I'm sure when you started working there John, Mark, Sean et al. told you all the horror stories of the XD. haha!! I like those guys but they are Glock snobs.

The reason the price went up is because people are buying the piss out of them and Springfield did make 1 upgrade. Also, it is imported as an XD not HS2000, HS2000 was it's former name and current name outside N. America.

20,000 round XD torture test

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

there was only one XD for rent when i went on tuesday.

I did get to shoot someones PM9, it was a nice little 9mm, accurate.

~Alan Korwin

State Researcher

Post imported post

glockfan wrote:
    I'd recommend getting a Glock 20 10mm and an extra .40 S&W barrel for it.

So you can throw a .40 barrel into a 10mm, but can you throw a 10mm barrel into a .40? (honest question)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast