• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What .40 should I get

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I'm not surprised that a gun that doesn't see many problems in private hands would start to show issues as a rental. Rentals receive far more abuse than privately owned weapons, and probably just as much, if not more, than military issued weapons.

I am also very curious as to what was failing on the XD's.

soloban

imported post

Kahr TP-40

img_PA_tp4043.jpg

VAopencarry

imported post

Rob, PLEASE!!, by virtue of where you work I know you are not allowed to say anything nice about the XD..... GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK, H&K, GLOCK, GLOCK, H&K. that's about all one will hear. I know the XD in BRA's case is at least 1.5 years old and have NEVER seen 4 or more then 1 for that matter. I'm sure when you started working there John, Mark, Sean et al. told you all the horror stories of the XD. haha!! I like those guys but they are Glock snobs.:lol:

The reason the price went up is because people are buying the piss out of them and Springfield did make 1 upgrade. Also, it is imported as an XD not HS2000, HS2000 was it's former name and current name outside N. America.

20,000 round XD torture test

Marco

imported post

there was only one XD for rent when i went on tuesday.

I did get to shoot someones PM9, it was a nice little 9mm, accurate.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

glockfan wrote:
I'd recommend getting a Glock 20 10mm and an extra .40 S&W barrel for it.
So you can throw a .40 barrel into a 10mm, but can you throw a 10mm barrel into a .40? (honest question)

Marco

imported post

NO.
Well it might fit, however there will be problems, the magazines probably won't work the reliably will be questionable and the guns aren't ratedfor that much pressure.

The 10mm cartridge is longer then the .40 and has considerable more energy.
Consider this you can fire .38spl in a .357 mag revolver but not the reverse.

I've heard of a few conversions but they required more than a barrel swap and full power loads would have to be limited to defense use.

The few revolvers chambered in 10mm handle both cartridges.
There is a Custom shop in AZ that will convert GP100's in .357 to a 5 shot 10mm.

Someone converted a .40SW Beretta Brigadier to 10mm.

check out 10mmtalk.com there are a few threads regarding this and other conversions.

and it just so happens S&W is re releasing the 610 in 4" & 6.5"
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=65062&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15702&isFirearm=Y

I've already put mine on order.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Good info. I figured that would be the case. That revolver does look nice, too.

HMDGLOCK

imported post

Thank you everybody for your input. I went and bought the service XD-40, thebi-tone one today. I went and shot it and it is a great gun. I really love it. It was also on salefor $512 atCabela's. I think thats was a gooddeal.Thanks again.

Ford Truck

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA
imported post

HMDGLOCK wrote:
Thank you everybody for your input. I went and bought the service XD-40, thebi-tone one today. I went and shot it and it is a great gun. I really love it. It was also on salefor $512 atCabela's. I thinks that was a gooddeal.Thanks again.
I guess I'm too late. I was going to suggest a Colt New Service & a Winchester Model 92, both in .38-40. :) Bullet diameter is the same & you've the option of reloading with FFFg.

AbNo

imported post

HMDGLOCK wrote:
Thank you everybody for your input. I went and bought the service XD-40, the bi-tone one today. I went and shot it and it is a great gun. I really love it. It was also on sale for $512 at Cabela's. I thinks that was a good deal. Thanks again.

Pictures, please. :D