• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some history

CPerdue

imported post

I found this on American Thinker yesterday. AT is usually worth a read.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/11/the_second_amendment_and_the_i.html

This gem is toward the bottom

[font="times new roman,times"]"In South Carolina, it was against the law to go out of doors without a weapon as stated in, "The Statutes at Large of South Carolina: Edited Under Authority of the Legislature," on page 418[/font][font="times new roman,times"]:[/font]
[font="times new roman,times"]"who shall be at any such Church, or any other places of public worship, as aforesaid, shall come and resort without his gun or a pair of horse pistols, and ammunition, as aforesaid..." (it goes on to state that the Church-Wardens will inform said parties that they are in violation of the law and that they shall be fined.)[/font]​
[font="times new roman,times"]The fine was twenty shillings for each act of coming outside without a weapon and thus, it is very apparent that there is absolutely no way that weapons in South Carolina were stored in a central armory or the law would consistently be violated. The Stature also stated that duly appointed law enforcement officials were allowed to demand proof that said citizens were armed when out and about!"[/font]