• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winn-Dixie No Carry Sign

IndianaBoy79

imported post

openryan wrote:
HankT wrote:
dngreer wrote:
HankT wrote:
99.999999999999999999999999999999999999909 % of the time, people don't need a firearm to go get the milk, eggs and sardines. Stay alert, keep your eyes open, stay outta Condition White, know where the exits are and don't make crude comments to women or children. You'll be awright.
Can I have a source for that; thepercentage of the time people don't need a firearm? Or is it an untrue statement which is only your opinion?

It's an estimate.

I think it's probably very very close.

What do you think the percentage might be, dngreer? Ballpark.
Well you didn't ask me, but I'm telling you anyway... your estimate is probably quite a bit off... probably more like 99.999919 -- seriously.
I'd have to agree...I've never needed my gun so far. It's the .00000001 percent, the one time in my life, that I carry my weapon for. Hopefully it'll never happen...if it does, I'll be ready.

joekareca

imported post

This post was all over the place, inappropriate and practically impossible to read. Please follow these simple rules.

1) Discuss one topic at a time
2) Paragraphs are your friend
3) Don't stereotypically attack groups of people

I am not trying to insult you but I am trying very hard to keep this forum on track. I have closed threads started by members who are solid contributors because I thought they were too far off-topic, so I will definitely not let posts like this stand.

If you are a real user and not a troll, then please slow down and give succinct, on-point responses.

Thanks.

Your friendly moderator.

MedicineMan

imported post

1) I'm going to check my local Winn Dixie. If I see one of these signs, I'm gonna make a fuss too.

2) "Need" has nothing to do with carrying. Are we going to base all of our Rights on whether someone else thinks we "need" them or not???

jameshasguns

imported post

I strongly disagree with you saying to ignore the sign. Regardless of the wording of the placement of signs prohibiting firearms, the fact remainsWinn- Dixiedoesn't want them (guns)in their store and obviously if you SEE the sign and ignore it you WILL be in violation of the law. If you can't getthem to change their policy of prohibiting guns in their store by LAW ABIDING CITIZENS then maybe you could suggest to them to at least place the sign where it would be more visible so we don't get caught in a trap. Remember, local establishments have the right to disallow guns in their place of business and your rights end where their's begin.