• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GWB its all your Fault about AWB

VAopencarry

imported post

AR/M4 as a primary weapon is ridiculous. Not practical and not needed. How many shootouts do you think the average cop engages in, in a career?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
AR/M4 as a primary weapon is ridiculous.
Come on. It's just another Anony Mouse stylin', profilin' with his "No fear" decals. There's another newbe here with a 40 mm forum. Apropos...

I had a wonderful boss that complained that he had had to shut down two high tech industries, the other was IIRC RocketDyne. He told of doing the aerodynamics of 40 mm projectiles; they'd make a new shape and step out the back door and launch it down range, they were inert.

And he displayed the patent papers for his throttle-able solid rocket motor.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

One of the problems is that the LEOs won't police LEOs.
Thin blue line. Most LEOs are good people. The few that are bad are usually protected by unions and good cops protect the bad cops based on the theory that they may be next.

The standard of duty raises if the bad cops are removed from service.

Who is to blame? All of us.

How do we correct this? We start with the law makers. Quit making laws. Enough is enough. Laws on top of laws. No one can keep up. The cops or the citizen.

I have a set of books that contain all of the federal laws (2000 addition). Stack all the books up and it is 35 feet tall. I also have all the federal laws that were in force in 1935. It's one book and it is 4 inches thick. What happened?

The Justice Dept. did a study and tried to count all the federal crimes that are on the books, and they quit counting at 26,000 and they don't know how many more there are.

Enough is enough.

sjhipple

imported post

color of law wrote:
I have a set of books that contain all of the federal laws (2000 addition). Stack all the books up and it is 35 feet tall. I also have all the federal laws that were in force in 1935. It's one book and it is 4 inches thick. What happened?

The Justice Dept. did a study and tried to count all the federal crimes that are on the books, and they quit counting at 26,000 and they don't know how many more there are.

Enough is enough.
Completely ridiculous, and 100% true. No one actually knows how many laws there are anymore (and this is only federal, not counting state and local). Literally NO ONE knows.

When there are this many laws, it becomes impossible for a good person to know for sure that he isn't going to break one of them. When there are this many laws, it becomes impossible to respect the law, since it no longer has anything to do with right and wrong.

Interestingly, there is ONE presidential candidate who's been talking about us having too many laws. But only one...hmmm.

imperialism2024

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
criminals have accsess to all sorts of weapons, the police should too.
Cops have access to all sorts of weapons, the people should also.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP KMA$$
Here's a simplistic idea: Since LEOs and citizens are both people, and thus both share a fairly similar variety of personalities and judgement skills, how about letting LEOs only possess and carry what citizens can (without overly restrictive licenses)? :?