Thread: University Experience (round 2)

Post imported post

LEO's are a pain in the you know what. I went to the university mall last night to pay my phone bill and meet up for dinner with some friends. I had been there about an hour when I walk past the information thing and the lady asks me to wait for the security officers. I wait a minute and the security officers come and ask me to place my sidearm in the car. I ask them why, and they said because I am offending customers. (bytheway these security officers are orem pd). I said that since I am excerising my right (just like freedom of speech) and I offended someone I have to go to my car and then come back. They said that it was the mall policy to have me do such. I asked if there were signs or something for me to see that stated if I offeneded someone that I had to change my ways. That kind of made them mad. I just ended up leaving becuase I didn't want to cause a disturbance.

It really pissses me off the way they acted. I have fought for these rights as have many of my closes friends (some who haven't come home). I deserve to be able to excercise my rights.

I think my shopping at University Mall has now come to a end.

Post imported post

Do you plan on following up on the situation with the mall management or the police?

Post imported post

I plan to talk to the managment. It would be hard to follow up with the police cause I didn't get any names of the officers.

Post imported post

Do you need b1ack5mith and myself to join you some time at the mall?!? Sounds like they need some more "tolerance training" :P
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

No longer an OpenCarry.org subscriber.

Post imported post

it would be nice to have you two join me for a walk in the mall. after my first incedent with them i have been there mulitple times, by myself and with other people and have not had a problem.

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    Do you need b1ack5mith and myself to join you some time at the mall?!? Sounds like they need some more "tolerance training" :P
    heck yeah! kev and i are very"open carry in strange places" kinda guys LOL!

Post imported post

rocknsnow wrote:
    it would be nice to have you two join me for a walk in the mall. after my first incedent with them i have been there mulitple times, by myself and with other people and have not had a problem.
    i feel alot safer carrying with someone else, incase conflict with an officer happens, then ill have some backup for my "young adult" vocabulary

Post imported post

Kevin called me on saturday and we decieded we were going to call you and some others and go have a day at the mall....i will call kevin in the next day and figure it out

Post imported post

Hmm... sounds like fun.