• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

University Experience (round 2)

rocknsnow

imported post

LEO's are a pain in the you know what. I went to the university mall last night to pay my phone bill and meet up for dinner with some friends. I had been there about an hour when I walk past the information thing and the lady asks me to wait for the security officers. I wait a minute and the security officers come and ask me to place my sidearm in the car. I ask them why, and they said because I am offending customers. (bytheway these security officers are orem pd). I said that since I am excerising my right (just like freedom of speech) and I offended someone I have to go to my car and then come back. They said that it was the mall policy to have me do such. I asked if there were signs or something for me to see that stated if I offeneded someone that I had to change my ways. That kind of made them mad. I just ended up leaving becuase I didn't want to cause a disturbance.

It really pissses me off the way they acted. I have fought for these rights as have many of my closes friends (some who haven't come home). I deserve to be able to excercise my rights.

I think my shopping at University Mall has now come to a end.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Do you plan on following up on the situation with the mall management or the police?

rocknsnow

imported post

I plan to talk to the managment. It would be hard to follow up with the police cause I didn't get any names of the officers.

rocknsnow

imported post

it would be nice to have you two join me for a walk in the mall. after my first incedent with them i have been there mulitple times, by myself and with other people and have not had a problem.

b1ack5mith

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Do you need b1ack5mith and myself to join you some time at the mall?!? Sounds like they need some more "tolerance training" :p
heck yeah! kev and i are very"open carry in strange places" kinda guys LOL!

b1ack5mith

imported post

rocknsnow wrote:
it would be nice to have you two join me for a walk in the mall. after my first incedent with them i have been there mulitple times, by myself and with other people and have not had a problem.
i feel alot safer carrying with someone else, incase conflict with an officer happens, then ill have some backup for my "young adult" vocabulary :D

rocknsnow

imported post

Kevin called me on saturday and we decieded we were going to call you and some others and go have a day at the mall....i will call kevin in the next day and figure it out