• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

11/31 Monroe Gun Show

gregma

imported post

BluesBear...

Are you up for a repeat of the last Monroe Gun Show? Meet at the show and afterwards head on for some tasty BBQ? And maybe even Action Shoot after that?

Leaving the gun show a little earlier this time might be better at least for me and the wifey.

Anyone else up to it? I know we have another planned gathering at the Puyallup Gun Show. But it doesn't mean we can't do two :)

edited to add:
12/1, not 11/31! And I was even looking at the calendar when I wrote it! D'OH!!

just_a_car

imported post

I have a midterm on Monday that I'm vastly underprepared for in my Chemistry 455: Quantum Mechanics class. I may still make it, depending on how much studying I can do.

expvideo

imported post

There is no 11/31. Are we talking about 12/1? If so, I can't make it because I have family plans, unfortunately. You guys have fun without me :( Hopefully I'll make it next time.

BluesBear

imported post

gregma wrote:
BluesBear...

Are you up for a repeat of the last Monroe Gun Show? Meet at the show and afterwards head on for some tasty BBQ? And maybe even Action Shoot after that?
If we can get enough people together, sure. There are also some other nice restraunts in the area.

compmanio365

imported post

I would come....but I'm saving up for the show in Puyallup....I may drop the 1911 on layaway at Cabelas and find something out there or at Mary's pistols in Tacoma instead. The one I put on layaway has a funky trigger guard that doesn't allow it to work with quite a few holsters, besides from what I've seen about that pistol actually maybe only worth being $350 new....except they aren't made anymore, and that opens up a whole new set of concerns.....good thing I'll get everything but $10 back from the layaway.

I'll see you guys on the 8th in Puyallup though. If you end up doing something, have fun.

Nitrox314

imported post

I was going to head on over there, but my wife is coming up on due date and there is that weather advisory for this weekend. Both of those togetherdon't make a pretty picture if she goes into labor. I don't think I will be able to make it. Let me know how it goes.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm going to try to make it. I saw some stuff last month I wanted to get but didn't for one reason or another.

I'm not sure what time I'll be there since unfortunatly I have a funeral I have to attend saturday morning.

Misguided Child

imported post

I have to work after noon so can't make it. Is the arlington range open on Sunday? I have some .223 to shoot, would like to get on a 200yd range.

gregma

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
I have to work after noon so can't make it. Is the arlington range open on Sunday? I have some .223 to shoot, would like to get on a 200yd range.
Looks like it'll be a no=go tomorrow. Next Saturday for sure in Puyallup!

If you're talking about the range by the Arlington Airport that just changed hands, then yes it is open on Sunday. I just went there today and I must say I was pretty impressed with it and with the owner I met.

phoneguy

imported post

Id like to go to the Monroe show. Who will be there? Sat or Sunday am pm?

BluesBear

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
Is the arlington range open on Sunday? I have some .223 to shoot, would like to get on a 200yd range.

Yes, Norpoint Shooting Center is open until 6pmon Sunday. But be advisedit's only a 25 yard range.

I'll be at Monroe Saturday. Those who were there last time know where to find me.

Boom Shakalaka

imported post

I was planning on making an ammo run (new toy needs food and all.)

FYI, I thought Quantico had some good deals in Puyallup last time... xD 40 subcompact with all the trimmings (holsters, three mags, etc.) for $477 out the door.

Where is the good BBQ place in Monroe? It may be worth going just to get some Q... depending on what style it is ;)

BluesBear

imported post

Boom Shakalaka wrote:
Where is the good BBQ place in Monroe? It may be worth going just to get some Q... depending on what style it is ;)
It's actually in Snohomish. I consider it to be Memphis/Owensboro style barbeque.

just_a_car

imported post

As I just got home from being out last night, I will not be attending the Monroe show and instead be sleeping.

Sorry gents, I may not even make next week, due to finals coming up, too. :?