• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More Women Pack Heat

sjhipple

imported post

Found this on the LewRockwell.com blog. It's from Detroit.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071130/METRO/711300384
"The first time I shot a gun was in February. I was a practicing at a firing range and I felt empowered when I held it in my hand and fired," said Bunch, 24, of Canton Township, who added her father was a military man so she was always familiar with guns.

They fell for years among women as well, but are rising again. Women may set a record for statewide applications this year, and they're flooding ranges and prompting Wayne County and other training facilities to host "women-only" permit classes.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

color of law wrote:
I hope this article convinces my wife and daughter to get their CCL.
I don't know if this article would really persuade anyone to go out and get a permit, or a firearm. I don't think its mean to be persuasive as it is informative...

I think the newspaper on a normal day is persuasive enough, just read the police blotter -- watch the news. Heck just look at what goes on in this country, even locally, you will find plenty of reasons to defend yourself.

unrequited

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Type in your address here and see who your neighbors are....that's enough convincing for almost anyone.
6q3ws28.jpg

: (

I wish I hadn't looked up near where I used to work (and not too far from where I live).

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah ya know because you really need to be afraid of every one of those markers. You go to a bar, get sweet-talked by a beautiful woman back to your place, you guys do your thing, then 2 weeks later you find out she's 16, claimed you raped her,and you're officially a pedophile. :banghead:

Can we have an extremist-liberal registry? Now THAT would could in handy!

unrequited

imported post

...that's what I thought until I hovered over all of the links nearby where I live. Rape, rape, rape, forcible sodomy, attempted sexual assault, rape, public exposure (yeah, could be a public urination guy), rape, carnal knowledge of child 13-15 years old (guy looked well in his 40's. EWWWWWWW .

I honestly feel like I shouldn't know what these people have done, and what they look like. I might change my opinion when I have kids though.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah, but again, a lot of those were convicted of rape....doesn't mean they held a knife to someone's throat. Could be the girl got herself stupid drunk, slept with a guy, woke up the next morning and decided she didn't want to so she calls rape. (I had a female friend that did EXACTLY that, and I'm not friends with her anymore because of it).

I live a rock's throw from one of the largest military bases on the east coast. Around here the vast majority of offenders were convictedof "indecent liberties with a minor", a good portion of those offenders being younger military men. How much you wanna bet the majority of those "minors" were 15-17 yr old females that made themselves available by the way they dressed and acted? Not saying this justifies the offender's actions (unless the minor out and out lied about their age), but I don't think they should be stripped of their rights (as a felon) and forced to register themselves as a sex offender for the rest of their life because some skanky 16 yr old can't keep her skirt down.

Legba

imported post

The age of consent in most states is 16 (South Carolina is 14 for females - eek). So - shag away the next time a hot honey of a 16 y/o accosts you in Ohio. Just don't get her drunk first - that'd be illegal, unless you're married (and not separated), in which case you can notonly get her drunk, but also force yourself on her legally. Ohio is wonderful, isn't it?

relevant ORC sections:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2907.04

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2907.02

-ljp

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Haha yeah, but here's the deal. Age of consent simply means that it's not automatically illegal, as long as they're all for it themselves. But, if they decide they don't like you, or their mom finds out, they'll change their story and say you raped them.Now you're in for a world of trouble because they're still a minor.

I had a friend back in MN who's older brother had just turned 18. He was a good kid, and kinda nerdy so he didn't get a lot of attention from the girls. At a party one night a girl, claiming she was 18 (she was 15), started flirting with him, and he didn't know what to do with himself lol. She ended up doing him a favor, and it ended there. Her mom read her daughter's e-mail, found out about what happened at the party, and called the cops. He's now a registered sex offender for indecent liberties with a minor. Tell me how that's fair?

EDIT: Ok we're waaay off topic and it's partially my fault lol. I'll stop ranting now.

Legba

imported post

Driftng OT, but for the record... If the parents object to a 40 y/o pervert like me, say, having at their daughter, they can get a restraining order and charge you criminallyif you see her after that. They might be able to file corruption of a minor charge or something beyond that (?), but it's still not rape here. Some states require that you knowingly have sex with someone underage to be charged, others a negligence standard - it varies considerably by jurisdiction. As for consent being revoked after the fact, you're screwed, so to speak.

-ljp

sjhipple

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Yeah ya know because you really need to be afraid of every one of those markers. You go to a bar, get sweet-talked by a beautiful woman back to your place, you guys do your thing, then 2 weeks later you find out she's 16, claimed you raped her,and you're officially a pedophile. :banghead:

Very true that many of the people on that registry don't deserve to be there. I heard about a dad who was on a long trip with his family, pulled over to use the woods to relieve himself and was charged by a state cop with public exposure. He now can't even pick up his own children from school. That list really needs reformed (not to mention, alot of them were added to the registry after being convicted 20 or so years ago...they're basically being sentenced to a punishment after their trial, which is unconstitutional).

But...then there's the rest of 'em.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

When heading out for the night, I first, put on my gun, then this fashinoable yet informative button... ID please ladies...:p

Attachments

• idid.jpg
    idid.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 135

imperialism2024

imported post

DreQo wrote:

Want my address, eh? :celebrate

I'd suggest an extremist-conservative registry, but hell, we already know that they're all in DC.

sjhipple

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
DreQo wrote:

I'd suggest an extremist-conservative registry, but hell, we already know that they're all in DC.
Imperialism, are you a liberal 2nd-Amendment supporter? Just trying to understand your comment

imperialism2024

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
DreQo wrote:

Imperialism, are you a liberal 2nd-Amendment supporter? Just trying to understand your comment
YHM :)