• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA limit on # of carry guns?

PavePusher

imported post

I can't think of any reason you'd need more than 4... Just sayin'...:celebrate

Edit: Oops, I mean six, assuming a rifle and a shotty. :what:

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

As has been mentioned above, there is no limit to the number of handguns one can carry in Washington state. I asked this question to a family friend of mine a while back, who happens to be a criminal defense attorney, lifetime NRA member, and all-around good guy, and he confirmed what has already been written!

Two is one and one is none! Stay safe!

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Anyone else remember when the WA permit read "Concealed Wapons" ;)

Preston1911

imported post

My guess is that the Concealed Weapons Permit CWP changed to a Concealed Pistol License about 12 years ago while trying to think back how many permit renewals ago it was.

BluesBear

imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:
Anyone else remember when the WA permit read "Concealed Wapons" ;)

Back when WA was may issue, all types of weapons were covered. Guns, knives, whatever. Nowadays it's only handguns.

I really liked my CDW (concealed deadly weapon) permit back in Kentucky as it covered all types of deadly weapons. As I think it should be.

As for the number of guns, I always carry at least onebackup. And it isnot uncommon for me to carry two openly.

amlevin

imported post

Eugene Tackelberry woud be right at home here in Washington State. No limit other than your financial ability to buy or your physical ability to carry. I would say though that there is only so much room on one's belt for Open Carry and the possibilities for concealing are finite as well.

nofoa

imported post

HOLYROLLER wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
HOLYROLLER wrote:
Does WA code limit the # of weapons a person can carry, OC or CC? Thanks in advance, HR.
#? Why would the state limit the pounds of guns one could carry? As long as your pants stay up.
LOL...I have asturdy belt!

I totally had a mental image of someone walking into walmart with there entire safe on their belt. Clinking along towards the sports section.