Thread: I need a Holster Maker

Post imported post

Ok.... I have searched practically every were. I have not been able to find anyone that is willing to build me a holster. It's not very difficult and fairly practical... but unusual....

I carry a Springfield XD 40 4" service model with a streamlight TLR-2 Light/laser attached. I am looking for a IWB Kydex holster similar to the Com-TacGurka Holster that will hold both the gun/light (here is the unusual part) with an extra Mag.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=50

If anyone knows where or wants to try this out please let me know. I have a few others that I know that carry Glocks with the same light/laser combo that are interested also.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I've heard good things about these guys.... http://crossbreedholsters.com./index.html ....not sure if they have what you need but they may be willing to make something....good luck.

Edit: From their "contact" page... http://crossbreedholsters.com./contact_us.html

"If you don't see it, ask us, we are always picking up new molds."

call us toll free at
    888-732-5011

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

texasparamedic wrote:

I carry a Springfield XD 40 4" service model with a streamlight TLR-2 Light/laser attached. I am looking for a IWB Kydex holster similar to the Com-TacGurka Holster that will hold both the gun/light (here is the unusual part) with an extra Mag.
    With an extra mag??? On the holster? If so this would seem to be a pretty bulky piece for IWB.
    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
    I've heard good things about these guys....
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html
    Best IWB I've seen to date. I use ther SuperTuck which is so well made you can hardly feel it. I love the full-length leather backing so even in the summer you're not sweating or chafing against your gun slide. Also, the owner is an amazing salesman, and when he recently switched over to new clips and added a sight channel (old ones didn't) he offered to modify and upgrade the old holster users for free. He posts all the time on xdtalk.com so if you have a question for him there or send him a PM ( http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/search....induser&u=7595 ).

-Unrequited

Post imported post

i can understand a holster for a gun with a light attached but the mag on the same side?
    BladeTech makes one for guns with lights

carrying the mag on the same side as your gun

during a reload you would have to
    1. pull/dropmag
    2. put gun in weak hand
    3.draw fresh mag with strong hand
    4. insert mag
    5. then return gun to your strong hand

vs
    1. drop empty mag
    2. draw fresh mag with off hand
    3. insert mag
    Gun stayed on target during reload

why add steps
    can you keep gun on target with your off hand
    can you shoot well enough with off hand

Edit:
    Just something to think about.
    This if for a slide lock reload.
    Tactical and reload with retention get more difficult.

Now carrying your speed loaders(revolver shooters) on the same side as your firearm makes sense.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Here's a link to a huge holster list. If you cannot find something here, it doesn't exist.

Post imported post

Unrequited, Can you post a larger fukin picture of the holster?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson