• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need a Holster Maker

texasparamedic

imported post

Ok.... I have searched practically every were. I have not been able to find anyone that is willing to build me a holster. It's not very difficult and fairly practical... but unusual....

I carry a Springfield XD 40 4" service model with a streamlight TLR-2 Light/laser attached. I am looking for a IWB Kydex holster similar to the Com-TacGurka Holster that will hold both the gun/light (here is the unusual part) with an extra Mag.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?Path=28&products_id=50

If anyone knows where or wants to try this out please let me know. I have a few others that I know that carry Glocks with the same light/laser combo that are interested also.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

texasparamedic wrote:
I carry a Springfield XD 40 4" service model with a streamlight TLR-2 Light/laser attached. I am looking for a IWB Kydex holster similar to the Com-TacGurka Holster that will hold both the gun/light (here is the unusual part) with an extra Mag.
With an extra mag??? On the holster? If so this would seem to be a pretty bulky piece for IWB.
Yata hey

unrequited

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
I've heard good things about these guys....

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html
Best IWB I've seen to date. I use ther SuperTuck which is so well made you can hardly feel it. I love the full-length leather backing so even in the summer you're not sweating or chafing against your gun slide. Also, the owner is an amazing salesman, and when he recently switched over to new clips and added a sight channel (old ones didn't) he offered to modify and upgrade the old holster users for free. He posts all the time on xdtalk.com so if you have a question for him there or send him a PM ( http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=7595 ).

PICT0035.JPG

Marco

imported post

i can understand a holster for a gun with a light attached but the mag on the same side?
BladeTech makes one for guns with lights

carrying the mag on the same side as your gun:question:

during a reload you would have to
1. pull/dropmag
2. put gun in weak hand
3.draw fresh mag with strong hand
4. insert mag
5. then return gun to your strong hand

vs
1. drop empty mag
2. draw fresh mag with off hand
3. insert mag
Gun stayed on target during reload

why add steps
can you keep gun on target with your off hand
can you shoot well enough with off hand

Edit:
Just something to think about.
This if for a slide lock reload.
Tactical and reload with retention get more difficult.

Now carrying your speed loaders(revolver shooters) on the same side as your firearm makes sense.