Thread: trivial observation

Post imported post

Sorry for infecting everyone, but misery loves company!

Like the person who whistles a song stuck in their head causing it to get stuck in someone else's head as well, causing them to whistle it wherever they go, causing others to get it stuck in their heads, etc. etc. and so on..........

......as I walked through the video store last night looking for a decent movie, I noticed the insane amount of guns being waved around in various manners on 80% of the movie covers.

Looking closely at several, I have noticed that 50% of them use reversed photographs.

Either this, or someone is making specifically left-handed guns and not releasing them to the general public.

Roughly half of the cover photos featured pistols with ejection ports on the left side. This is because Hollywood doesn't view them as useful tools but merely as props. There is no respect for the firearm. It's merely something to look cool holding.

If Stephen Segal is so great at martial arts, why is he waving a pistol around like a maniac on every movie cover?

If everyone waving guns around is considered so cool, why do people freak when you merely walk into a store with one in a holster?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
    SNIP Roughly half of the cover photos featured pistols with ejection ports on the left side. This is because Hollywood doesn't view them as useful tools but merely as props.
    Its probably more the cover designer trying to get all the cover art to fit.

I understand your frustration, though.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
    If everyone waving guns around is considered so cool, why do people freak when you merely walk into a store with one in a holster?
    Huh? Never happenned to me.