• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

trivial observation

Superlite27

imported post

Sorry for infecting everyone, but misery loves company!

Like the person who whistles a song stuck in their head causing it to get stuck in someone else's head as well, causing them to whistle it wherever they go, causing others to get it stuck in their heads, etc. etc. and so on..........

......as I walked through the video store last night looking for a decent movie, I noticed the insane amount of guns being waved around in various manners on 80% of the movie covers.

Looking closely at several, I have noticed that 50% of them use reversed photographs.

Either this, or someone is making specifically left-handed guns and not releasing them to the general public.

Roughly half of the cover photos featured pistols with ejection ports on the left side. This is because Hollywood doesn't view them as useful tools but merely as props. There is no respect for the firearm. It's merely something to look cool holding.

If Stephen Segal is so great at martial arts, why is he waving a pistol around like a maniac on every movie cover?

If everyone waving guns around is considered so cool, why do people freak when you merely walk into a store with one in a holster?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
SNIP Roughly half of the cover photos featured pistols with ejection ports on the left side. This is because Hollywood doesn't view them as useful tools but merely as props.
Its probably more the cover designer trying to get all the cover art to fit.

I understand your frustration, though.