• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another uneventful OC day

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Went to Costco on Mark's St. in Henderson around 4pm. As you can safely assume the place was a mad house. Families everywhere, screaming children and parents paying no attention to said children, shopping cart traffic collisions, the usual. Spent about a half hour and $100 in there with my room mate. Only remark I got was from a little Mexican boy who said "mama que el hombre tiene una pistola."

Left Costco and went to Wild Oats because the Roomy forgot some kinda hippy pills. Spent about 10 minutes in there, payed and left, talked to the Salvation army rep standing outside with a "toys for tots" donation bin setup.

Left hippyville and went to Smith's to get some craw fish and lamb shank. Spent about 10 minutes at the butcher block getting the lamb ground, then proceeded home.

rather uneventful and typical Saturday for me.

Erus

imported post

Hey Bravo....

Nice to live in a state where MOST people don't get thier undies in a bunch just because someone is packing, huh? I live (it seems) in roughly the same area of the valley as you and it seems to me that most days for me would fit your topic line. Perhaps we should celebrate that it is the exception rather than the rule that our carry days are uneventul in this regard.

Except for when I was lots younger and foolhardy and often, but not always carrying... (I.E. Calling warranted, but unwanted attention to myself from the LEO's), I simply don't get any attention either way with my .45 as my constant companion. The few placeswhere someone who could make any differencegot twitchy, and I can not really remember them at this point, are simply not places I go anymore.. but they were (are?) few and far between.

Keep it up, and encourage others to do so by word as well as deed.

I'll do my part from this end too. lol.

Erus

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

I agree. It's to the point were its pointess for me to post a journal for OC.. it would like saying "today was Tuesday, business as usual, the end." Kinda pointless considering that I never get harrased for OC, just simple polite questions.

lordnitrox

imported post

I dunno...I can see the idea of making a log. It gives people (well me) an idea of what to expect around town. I guess i can start doing a log type thing now and then...but i really don't OC much most days due to school...since I walk (saves me gas money and is only about a mile) I am forced to leave it at home.

my log for now :p

I went to the same costco few days ago and had no issues other then a kid saying "daddy look a gun", I moved on before I saw what the father did. I did get in a talk with a girl from class in a Starbucks. spent about an hour talking about gun rights and all, was fun.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

On Sunday, I visited the new Tommy's Original on St Rose Pkwy in Henderson. Those of you who ever lived in LA probably know of this jewel of a burger place.

Anyway, since the burger is so messy, my wife and I opted to eat inside rather than drive thru. These are standard fast-food type benches, so the couple sitting next to us had a very clear view of my G23.

They tried to make small talk, which I don't mind that much, but we weren't very receptive (we're newlyweds, so we're still somewhat interested in what each other has to say...lol). When we were nearly done, the guy interrupted again saying "I have a question...just because I'm so curious. Why do you carry that THING?"

I knew this was coming. I'm in a California burger joint after all :)

So I just casually respond with the line I've read so many times on here..."Don't you watch the news"? To my surprise, the guy responds that no he doesn't.

I told him the world is full of crazy people and I fully intend to protect myself and my family. He sarcastically asked "how many crazies you think are in here?". I seriously responded "I hope none. I hope I never meet one. But I'd rather carry and never meet one than be defenseless if I do."

So short education later, he lost interest and went back to his burger.

I'd have to say that's the most frustrating part of OC.

mrFREEZZE

imported post

some dickheads make small-talk 'cause they're scarred.imagine being black ond able to O.C.......