• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dale City Gun Show (Dec. 1-2)

nova

imported post

This was the biggest waste of my time. I went to the Dale City show in November, and there were several dealers actually selling guns, and Trader Jerrys had several tables set up with handguns and rifles. This time, Trader Jerrys was the only dealer there selling handguns, and they didn't have even half as many as last time.

I'm also mad because now I have to wait 'till next Feb. before the next Chantilly show comes around :(

Oh well at least this'll give me more time to save up for a nice gun.

Just wondering though, is 379 a good price for a used (some holster wear/minor scratches) Glock 22? I'm almost thinking I shouldn't have passed it up.

I'm really wanting though to get a SW 4046 though just for something different but I think I'm going to have to order online if I want one or wait to see what Chantilly brings in Feb.

IanB

imported post

Just my $0.02...

If a glock is showing holster wear that means its a ver 1. Ver 2's & 3's have a bake lite finish (and thus won't show holster wear like a ver 1). This Glock is old.

ufcfanvt

imported post

nova wrote:
Just wondering though, is 379 a good price for a used (some holster wear/minor scratches) Glock 22? I'm almost thinking I shouldn't have passed it up.
379 is good, especially if it's 3rd Gen (w/ the finger grooves on the grip) or if it has the night sights ($70 parts, $100 parts+labor most places). I sold a 2nd Gen 22 w/ no frills for about that back in July '06.
Great gun, I have one, but I carry G23 right now. Much more comfortable and it still takes the G22 15 rd mags, so you're not necessarily sacrificing any capacity.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

nova wrote:

I'm really wanting though to get a SW 4046 though just for something different but I think I'm going to have to order online if I want one or wait to see what Chantilly brings in Feb.

I think that's a good price but I personally don't see much need to buy a GLOCK with holster wear or much shooting wear at all. Patience is the key to buying a EC GLOCK cheap. There are so many being sold by so many owners that, eventually, you'll see one you want, in EC,at around $400 total. Sometimes, with some extras (ammo, holster, cleaning kit, extra mags, etc.).

To find 'em, though, you have to go to the gun shows, hang around the range, scour the Buy, Sell, Trade subformums, especially local or regional ones.

nova

imported post

Sorry, forgot to mention the Glock was a 3rd gen, had the rail/finger grooves.

Thanks everyone...I guess I'll keep a look out for some guns at the local shops/gun shows :)

I'm not really looking for a Glock in particular, but I'm kinda ready for a gun that's not like something I already have. I've been shooting mostly Rugers all my life because after I got my first I stuck with what I knew and loved :D , with the exception of some of my parent's guns...

Anyone have any opinions of the SW 4046 (or 4043) because if I find one at a decent price...:lol:

nova

imported post

hsmith wrote:
nova,

when is the next gun show @ Dulles?
February 8 - 10 according to the expo center and nation's gun show websites :)

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Yes it was small but then again, the Dale City show generally is. For me, it was profitiable. I was there late Saturday morning and sold my PM40 Kahr, then picked up a Glock 19 with night sights (from Trader Jerry). This now completes my collection of Glocks for the time being. I've bought four this year; a 23, a 26 a 27, and now the 19.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
This was the biggest waste of my time. I went to the Dale City show in November, and there were several dealers actually selling guns, and Trader Jerrys had several tables set up with handguns and rifles. This time, Trader Jerrys was the only dealer there selling handguns, and they didn't have even half as many as last time.

I'm also mad because now I have to wait 'till next Feb. before the next Chantilly show comes around :(

Oh well at least this'll give me more time to save up for a nice gun.

The Dale City show is ALWAYS small; sounds like this time it was smaller than usual. Usually Dark Star and at least one other dealer is there, along with Trader Jerry.

I forgot about this one.

At least one of the vendors complained to me last time, though, that the promoters were not advertising the shows as they used to, and that they were being held so frequently that it was throwing off the normal schedule. Could be some vendors will start to rebel, then the show will either get better or close altogether.

nova

imported post

that's what I figured...Jerry himself wasn't at Dale City like he was last time so I figured there was another larger show somewhere else in the state.

VAopencarry

imported post

I wouldn't say scratched up with holster wear G22 at $379 is a bargain. If it showed holster wear and scratches I wouldn't be sure it's a Gen 3. Anyway, You can find a lightly used one for $450 or less.

nova

imported post

it wasn't too scratched up, more just wear on the edges.

And I'm 100% sure it's a 3rd gen, because I know for sure it had finger grooves and rail.

Don't matter now anyways, the show is long over.

(anyone have an opinion on the SW4046? hehe :) )

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

nova wrote:
it wasn't too scratched up, more just wear on the edges.

And I'm 100% sure it's a 3rd gen, because I know for sure it had finger grooves and rail.

Don't matter now anyways, the show is long over.

Smith & Wesson 4046 Pistol (police trade-in)
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

See Larger Image
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
309.99 Due to rapidly changing inventory, please email for current price and availability Product Details : [*]We have acquired a small number of used S&W 4046 police trade-in guns. The S&W 4046 is chambered in 40S&W and each gun comes with one high-capacity preban 11 round magazine. The gun is double-action-only resulting in a very smooth trigger pull! These guns will NOT last long at this price! [*]We can't sell Pistols to Maryland residences because Keepshooting.com doesn't carry the Assasulted Weapon Permit. [*]Semi-Automatic

sjhipple

imported post

openryan wrote:
nova wrote:
Smith & Wesson 4046 Pistol (police trade-in)
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

See Larger Image
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
309.99 Due to rapidly changing inventory, please email for current price and availability Product Details :

[*]We have acquired a small number of used S&W 4046 police trade-in guns. The S&W 4046 is chambered in 40S&W and each gun comes with one high-capacity preban 11 round magazine. The gun is double-action-only resulting in a very smooth trigger pull! These guns will NOT last long at this price!
[*]We can't sell Pistols to Maryland residences because Keepshooting.com doesn't carry the Assasulted Weapon Permit.
[*]Semi-Automatic
My opinion is that it's made by Smith and Wesson and therefore will not be considered by me.

nova

imported post

About Smith & Wesson, is it because of their deal with Klinton and the ban? If so, I can see why but right now I'm putting all politics aside, just looking for honest opinions of the GUN, not the company :)

I already have a .40, but I already have 4 9x19 pistols so I'm looking to add a new gun to the collection, but a different brand. I already have a great .45, and right now at the time .40 is still cheaper to shoot than .45 :)

Just thought the SW4046 wouldn't be a bad gun because it's all stainless steel and was the original (well, the 4006 was) gun the .40SW was chambered in :)
I hear these are "overbuilt" like Rugers are, and I haven't heard of any bad things about them.

:)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

nova wrote:
About Smith & Wesson, is it because of their deal with Klinton and the ban? If so, I can see why but right now I'm putting all politics aside, just looking for honest opinions of the GUN, not the company :)

I already have a .40, but I already have 4 9x19 pistols so I'm looking to add a new gun to the collection, but a different brand. I already have a great .45, and right now at the time .40 is still cheaper to shoot than .45 :)

Just thought the SW4046 wouldn't be a bad gun because it's all stainless steel and was the original (well, the 4006 was) gun the .40SW was chambered in :)
I hear these are "overbuilt" like Rugers are, and I haven't heard of any bad things about them.

The S&W psuedo-boycott is still around because of ideologic blindness. And it's just a fun thing to do (like with Wal-Mart).

It makes no sense whatsoever.

I've had good success with S&W products, mostly revos but in the last few years also with a few semi-autos, including a 1066 and a 1076 which I believe are basically that same frame as their S&W 4000 series. Those are sturdy azz guns, IMO. And being all steel they soak up the recoil. I durn near picked up another 1000 series Smith last weekend at a gun show but it was just a tad too high for me.

Get the best gun for your mission. If it's a Smith, buy it. If it's a GLOCK, buy it. If it's an XD, buy it.....

It's really funny, BTW, about the S&W psuedo-boycott. I've found that a lot of staunch supporters of the boycott just happen to own Smiths. And they always have a reason to justify the contradiction.....
yessmiley.gif

It's about time that the ideologicos drop the sham boycott business with S&W. It's kind of embarassing, really. S&W puts more new guns into the marketplace than any other domestic manufacturer.

Marco

imported post

I've had good success with S&W products, mostly revos but in the last few years also with a few semi-autos, including a 1066 and a 1076
It's about time that the ideologicos drop the sham boycott business with S&W. It's kind of embarassing, really. S&W puts more new guns into the marketplace than any other domestic manufacturer.
made prior to the deal they don't count, because they are no longer in production.:p
I own those and a few more SW's mostly revolvers.
as for their current batch of semi-autos I don't care for them.
I owned a 4006 for several yrs, it was accurate & reliable.
I found it just too heavy compared to other guns, however I would have kept it if I had got a DAO instead of DA/SA.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
I've had good success with S&W products, mostly revos but in the last few years also with a few semi-autos, including a 1066 and a 1076
made prior to the deal they don't count, beacuse they are no longer in production.:p
I own those and a few more SW's mostly revolvers.

Agent19 wrote:
I owned a 4006 for several yrs, it was a accurate, reliable.
I found it just too heavy ...
What was the manufacture date? Purchase date?

HankT wrote:
It's really funny, BTW, about the S&W psuedo-boycott. I've found that a lot of staunch supporters of the boycott just happen to own Smiths. And they always have a reason to justify the contradiction.....
yessmiley.gif

yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif
yessmiley.gif

Marco

imported post

not going to get into a debate with you :p.

purchased my first SW in 1985 and the last one in 1992 and received one as a gift this yr a 340PD.

I neither support or denounce the boycott of their product, to each his own.