• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not quite a Unicorn but close

Agent 47

imported post

So I stopped off at burger-master for dinner tonight. As usual all the employees are very friendly not even giving my gun a second glance. After finishing my dinner I was cleaning my tray into the garbage can and another customer was standing nearby with his friend.

Customer: So, I see you are exercising your right to open carry. :)

Me: Yep:)

Customer:Section 24 of the Washington state constitution.

Me: You got it.

Customer: Good for you.

I was a little shocked, don't often run into someone who is openly supportive and it certainly made my evening. Still haven't run into any unicorns but this was pretty close.

Tomahawk

imported post

I sometimes call almost-unicorns "Sasquatches", since they are "almost real";)

Patterson_Sasquatch_1967.jpg

j2l3

imported post

Ahhhh forgot where you live. Thanks. I am in N. Seattle and there is one about a mile from my house. Thought it might be that one.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

We could call it an "honorary" unicorn sighting. Sort of like people get honorary doctorates from universities; they don't do the work, but they still get the title... This guy was definitely more educated on the subject than most people, and even though he wasn't open carrying, we could still call it a unicorn. :D

just_a_car

imported post

The fact that he knew the Section of the WA Constitution I think makes him a unicorn by itself. I mean, not even all OC'ers know that the RKBA is Section 24.