• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Testing the effects of pepper juice (spray)

soloban

imported post

AbNo wrote:
soloban wrote:
Be a man! Try a Tear Gas chamber at Basic Military Training. My eyes water just thinking about that room....:shock:

Already have, bud. Almost seven years ago. ;)
When I went through the chamber they had us line up in pairs and you had to inhale a deep breath and say your name and hometown and they would let you out. Simple right? The female Airman next to me decided she didn't want to inhale, meanwhile I'm hacking up my lungs waiting for her to play along.

Though from what I've seen on documentaries, I had it easy. They make Marine Recruits rip off their masks and do PT and sing the Marine Corp song.

I'll tell you one thing though, Tear Gas is very very effective decongestant. One lungful of Tear Gas got rid for 5 1/2 weeks of upper respiratory Lackland crud in thirty seconds flat.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

soloban wrote:
AbNo wrote:
soloban wrote:
Be a man! Try a Tear Gas chamber at Basic Military Training. My eyes water just thinking about that room....:shock:

Already have, bud. Almost seven years ago. ;)
When I went through the chamber they had us line up in pairs and you had to inhale a deep breath and say your name and hometown and they would let you out. Simple right? The female Airman next to me decided she didn't want to inhale, meanwhile I'm hacking up my lungs waiting for her to play along.

Though from what I've seen on documentaries, I had it easy. They make Marine Recruits rip off their masks and do PT and sing the Marine Corp song.

I'll tell you one thing though, Tear Gas is very very effective decongestant. One lungful of Tear Gas got rid for 5 1/2 weeks of upper respiratory Lackland crud in thirty seconds flat.
Naval ROTC. Great Lakes Training Base. 1986. Marine DI responsible for training.

We did the chamber. Had to recite our general orders as a group with the masks on. Then we took the masks off and did PT - push ups and jumping jacks, IIRC. Recited some other stuff. Then each of us were asked one at a time to recite 2 general orders they picked. Once you recited them correctly you got to put your mask back on and clear it. If you got either wrong they skipped you and came back to you. I messed up on the second one. It was a long day. Afterwards we went to chow without being allowed to so much as wash our hands. Definitely will never forget it.

I got sprayed with a bit of CN in a self-defense class. That sucked too, but not as much as the CS chamber but then it was a mild dose. I have never gotten at dose of OC and I don't think I want to get hit with that 3 million SHU stuff I have.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran

lordnitrox

imported post

I had a friend spray a 10% CS mix in my face to see "how fast it will drop a person" ...and yeah...it did...very fast. The only thing i can say is have a ton of water, and under no case rub your eyes. It may also be smart to have a friend make sure you don't hurt your self any worse then you will.

southernbnb

imported post

the spray i carry at work is 2million SHU oc spray. i have had personal contact with it and believe me it is not fun. on one occasion i fought with an inmate for1-2 minutes before wrestling him to the ground and cuffing him all in a cloud of the aformentioned spray! my skin burnt for three days!!! :cuss:i dont wish that shit on my worst enemy! ... well actually... let me stop before i incriminate my self! lol

lordnitrox

imported post

well as most of you know pepper spray is basically [size="-1"]Capsicum. What some place who make it add synthetic a [/size]analogue of capsaicin. I am not 100% sure but i think they can only add a small amount of the synthetic chemicals. even then due to the fact OC is a neurological toxin in pure form (100% un-cut crystals) it can only be 10% max so it will only stop them, not kill them.
If you want a fun fact most labs will not even work with pure [size="-1"]Capsicum [/size]unless they are in a positive pressure suit.

uncoolperson

imported post

dude, don't do it.... it sucks

back in my younger days i spent a weekend with an uncle and one of his nephews, we got a little rowdy with his pepper spray (he was an MP... had lots of it lying around)

Marco

imported post

Abno,

I found a canister of Hades Blue (probably about 2yrs old)in my cabinet.

:idea:want to try some:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: