• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Loaded guns in Home daycares

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Wisconsin? You're in Wisconsin and got a response from legislators?!

The NRA/affiliates have their own agenda. Please work as a citizen activist and not as a member of a subscription-party. When you donate in-kind/money then the donee must toe your line. When they require a periodic subscription payment then you are required to support them whether or not your support their actions - this is where the GOP and NRA went astray.

Look at the word 'subscription', you are 'under (sub) writing (script)' their actions even if you don't approve.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA-AHSA KMA$$

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Got this EMail from Assembly Speaker Huebsch

Thank you for your input regarding to the Child Care Licensing Rule changes. I appreciate knowing your views on this important matter.

[align=left]I share your views that this rule changes does raise some red flags. Our Legislative Council attorneys have reviewed the rule change and have noted valid concerns that need to be clarified during this process. When the Joint Committee on Review of Administrative Rules addresses this matter, the Department of Health and Family Services will be expected to respond and satisfy these concerns before the Committee takes action.[/align]
[align=left]Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts in this issue.[/align]
[align=left]Sincerely,[/align]
[align=left]Mike Huebsch[/align]

junglebob

imported post

Is SSC State Supeme Court or what? I wouldn't count on a firearm in condition 3 as unloaded. In Illinois a firearm with the magazine in the gun is considered loaded for transportation purposes, some states even consider having ammunition in the passenger compartment of a vehicle with the firearm as being loaded, though I don't believe Wisconsin is that extreme.

When concealed carry is passed in Wisconsin watch out that daycare centers are not automatically made "gun free" "criminal protection zones".

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

CCW is not going to happen in Wisconsin.

941.23 Carrying concealed weapon. Any person except a peace officer who goes armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. Notwithstanding s. 939.22 (22), for purposes of this section, peace officer does not include a commission warden who is not a state-certified commission warden.
(http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us)

The NRA and its affiliates and subscribers have a vested interest in selling dispensations to this and any other infringement. The legislators have convinced the people that safety is paramount - especially in gun handling.

Safety is a tyrant's tool; no one can be against safety.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

junglebob wrote:
Is SSC State Supeme Court or what? I wouldn't count on a firearm in condition 3 as unloaded. In Illinois a firearm with the magazine in the gun is considered loaded for transportation purposes, some states even consider having ammunition in the passenger compartment of a vehicle with the firearm as being loaded, though I don't believe Wisconsin is that extreme.

When concealed carry is passed in Wisconsin watch out that daycare centers are not automatically made "gun free" "criminal protection zones".
Only if the magazine has ammunition in it. I think from context that is what you menat to say.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The original post was a postabout the rules for daycare providers changing. It was the most sweeping GUN CONTROL any state has ever seen. I contacted several elected officials and other groups in protest of these changes.

Today, I received an update. The word firearm has been completely removed from the new rules changes.

https://apps.dhfs.state.wi.us/admrules/public/Rmo?nRmoId=1310

Just look at the Initial proposed order in comparison to what they have now. I would welcome any/all comments as to if I missed something but it looks like we CAN make a difference IF we TAKE A STAND.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
The original post was a postabout the rules for daycare providers changing. It was the most sweeping GUN CONTROL any state has ever seen. I contacted several elected officials and other groups in protest of these changes.

Today, I received an update. The word firearm has been completely removed from the new rules changes.

https://apps.dhfs.state.wi.us/admrules/public/Rmo?nRmoId=1310

Just look at the Initial proposed order in comparison to what they have now. I would welcome any/all comments as to if I missed something but it looks like we CAN make a difference IF we TAKE A STAND.
It's still in there, but the scope of the restrictions has been scaled back tremendously.

It says things like children under age 7 cannot use firearms and archery equipment and firearms and archery equipment must be locked up when not in use.

I guess the tots will have to wait to get their hands on a 50 lbs bow. And somehow I wasn't picturing 4 year olds trap shooting while at daycare.

Good job bnhcomputing, et al!

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

pkbites: If only there were a few thousand more of you in the men in blue corps; Cops that realize that if push came to shove law abiding citizens carrying firearms are not a threat to their safety but may in fact be an asset. What makes the gun control issue so hard to combat is the paranoia that has become commonplace. Paranoia, of course, always replaces rational judgement. The same people that decry the horrors and lethality of firearms and use our children to furthur their cause care not that they themselves put children in mortal danger. I would suspect that if you walked into the majority of their kitchens you would find a kitchen drawer or a knife block on the counter both of which are filled with knives of all sizes and shapes. Some large enough to skin an elephant. All within easy reach of any child. Without doubt those anti-gunners will exclaim "well that's different. We have a social dependance on knives". "Besides knives aren't reponsible for many deaths and injuries." Those people do not realize, or refuse to realize, that since Canada, Australia and Great Britian enacted their virtual prohibition of firearm ownership the number of homicides by knives has increased 30 to 33% each year, in each of those countries. The bottom line is guns and knives don't kill people. People kill people. Ever since the first homicide was committed with a rock people have found a way to kill people. If one implement is taken away they will only find another. It's not the tool. It's the mind set.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

pkbites: If only there were a few thousand more of you in the men in blue corps; Cops that realize that if push came to shove law abiding citizens carrying firearms are not a threat to their safety but may in fact be an asset. What makes the gun control issue so hard to combat is the paranoia that has become commonplace. Paranoia, of course, always replaces rational judgement. The same people that decry the horrors and lethality of firearms and use our children to furthur their cause care not that they themselves put children in mortal danger. I would suspect that if you walked into the majority of their kitchens you would find a kitchen drawer or a knife block on the counter both of which are filled with knives of all sizes and shapes. Some large enough to skin an elephant. All within easy reach of any child. Without doubt those anti-gunners will exclaim "well that's different. We have a social dependance on knives". "Besides knives aren't reponsible for many deaths and injuries." Those people do not realize, or refuse to realize, that since Canada, Australia and Great Britian enacted their virtual prohibition of firearm ownership the number of homicides by knives has increased 30 to 33% each year, in each of those countries. The bottom line is guns and knives don't kill people. People kill people. Ever since the first homicide was committed with a rock people have found a way to kill people. If one implement is taken away they will only find another. It's not the tool. It's the mind set.

pkbites

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Cops that realize that if push came to shove law abiding citizens carrying firearms are not a threat to their safety but may in fact be an asset.

Not only an asset in a case of emergency, but an armed citizenry makes police work easier. We can only guess the number of robberies, rapes, burglaries, and murders that never happened because potential criminals were fearful of a potentially armed victim. How many more would be prevented if more people were armed in their homes and carrying in public? More crimes prevented, or thwarted in progress=less work for police., and an overall safer society!

Teej

imported post

pkbites wrote:
Lammie wrote:
Cops that realize that if push came to shove law abiding citizens carrying firearms are not a threat to their safety but may in fact be an asset.

Not only an asset in a case of emergency, but an armed citizenry makes police work easier. We can only guess the number of robberies, rapes, burglaries, and murders that never happened because potential criminals were fearful of a potentially armed victim. How many more would be prevented if more people were armed in their homes and carrying in public? More crimes prevented, or thwarted in progress=less work for police., and an overall safer society!
I gotta buy you a beer someday...

shernandez

imported post

Does anyone know of a Daycare center/provider that keeps a gun handy? I know a coupleof people who rundaycare centers backhome and I am tempted to give them a ring to see how much of an issue this really is.

A rights is a right. I'm just wondering what prompted this? Are any other states trying to enact similar rules?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

shernandez wrote:
Does anyone know of a Daycare center/provider that keeps a gun handy? I know a coupleof people who rundaycare centers backhome and I am tempted to give them a ring to see how much of an issue this really is.

A rights is a right. I'm just wondering what prompted this? Are any other states trying to enact similar rules?

I think this had a LOT to do with the Hamdan case. Once the Supreme Court ruled you can carry concealed in your own home, and place of business, that's a double whammy for daycares as many operate out of an individual's home.

This was a FEAR response in that they didn't want some child getting hold of a firearm and hurting the other children accidentally. Thing is, Wisconsin already has laws that handle that, so we didn't need this additional rule.

I would actually LIKE to see the rule PASS now, because it lowers the limit for firearms handling to older than seven(7). Once this is in place, we can revisit lowing the hunting age.