Thread: The Board Outage of December 3rd

Post imported post

In case you are wondering whose fault it was that the forum went down on December 3rd, it was your fault ...

Thanks to the vibrant and rapidly growing community we have here at OCDO, we managed to massacre a perfectly innocent piece of hardware and had to move the forum to his older, tougher cousin.

I received the following email yesterday from the hosting company.

Early this morning, your board's traffic overloaded the server hosting it. So, we had to temporarily take it offline to reduce the load level to an acceptable level. Your board is currently being moved to a server that can better handle your current load, and it will be unavailable for a few hours.
    As many of you know, a "few hours" turned into most of the day, but we are back in business!

Just to give you guys an idea of how the growth has gone here at OCDO, I am posting the following snapshot of the stats since the new forum software came online in May of 2006.

739,000 page views in November !!!! Wow!!!! Thank you all!!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

John - can you post a day by day shot for OCT and NOV?

I wonder if the growth in hits is attributable to the coverage in Utah newspapers and even NRA news of the open carry lunches in Ohio?

Post imported post

Mike wrote:

I wonder if the growth in hits is attributable to the coverage in Utah newspapers and even NRA news of the open carry lunches in Ohio?
    October

Post imported post

Mike wrote:

November

Post imported post

Our article made waves on October 22. If I am reading the graph correctly, that was the second busiest day that month!

:celebrate:celebrate
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein