• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another OC/CC question

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Ohio law makers have no spines. They won't write a clear and concised law. They want the courts to deside what the law says. That gives the law makers [size="-1"]Plausible deniability[/size]. Well, now that alot of you are complaining we didn't mean what the courts said it says. Though people have gone to jail, I guess we need to fix it. So how is this ambiguous wording.

Indiana law says that the law must be written in clear and concised everyday language. Not Ohio, lets write it so everybody does not have a clue as to what it says or means. Or better yet, lets let the courts define the words. How else can we screw you out of your rights.

cilcannonvryce

imported post

HMMMMM. Call me an anarchists but I have a simple solution for this problem: Either adapt Indiana's "Clear and Concise" policy on the verbiage issue, or we all go Henry the 6th on them. Sorry, Sarcasm - violence rarely solves anything. Anywho, you are 100% correct. Plausible deniability, another thing that is labyrinthian in itself. I believe that the Ohio voters need to take hold of the problem - literally. I know that is asking a lot. But these problems are not gonna go away by themselves, and nor are the lawmaker or interpreters gonna help; track record has proven that they only make it worse. Sometimes the "people" collectively need to take the law into their own hands.

Legba

imported post

Well, "the people" ultimately do hold the power to administer the laws, vis the jury system. I can only hope that a dozen disinterested people see the unreasonableness of all this and acquit me outright. If it were up to the police, prosecutors, and judges, I'd be on a chain gang already, with a very long time left on my sentence.

-ljp