Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Hammer this poll!!!

  1. #1
    Newbie W.E.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    all over VA, ,
    Posts
    503

    Post imported post

    Fire Mission:

    Hammer this poll!!!

    Poll appears on the far left side of the page at the bottom of the list of subject classses.

    http://journalnow.com/




  2. #2
    State Researcher dng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,290

    Post imported post

    Hammered already! Hammered again!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,436

    Post imported post

    And again.





    Tarzan

  4. #4
    Regular Member sccrref's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, , USA
    Posts
    741

    Post imported post

    +1 more.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorktown, VA, ,
    Posts
    270

    Post imported post

    Stop! Hammertime!



  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    At this time, there's 75% for the right position. 9% for the middle of the roaders.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Near Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    392

    Post imported post

    Crap, I wanted to be the one to post "Stop, Hammer Time", but I didn't have the GIF you did.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chester, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    haha I "hammered" it

  9. #9
    Newbie W.E.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    all over VA, ,
    Posts
    503

    Post imported post





  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stafford, VA, , Afghanistan
    Posts
    349

    Post imported post

    I find it ironic that they state in their poll that it may not reflect public opinion. If that is true, then who are we??



    I guess they only troll for answers they want--not fact.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran Freeflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Yorktown VA, ,
    Posts
    306

    Post imported post

    Hammered!!!!
    And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

    Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

    Free Flight

  12. #12
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,606

    Post imported post

    SIGguy229 wrote:
    I find it ironic that they state in their poll that it may not reflect public opinion. If that is true, then who are we??



    I guess they only troll for answers they want--not fact.
    How is it hard to understand it might not? I mean it is entirely dependent upon who reads their website, and who participates in the poll. If nobody cares to take part in their poll, except mostly pro-gun people, then obviously it wouldn't reflect public opionion, and the same would be true for the converse.

    Furthermore, people on here are asking us to "hammer" this poll, which just makes it even more unscientific...and less representative of a cross section of the country.

    Do you really believe that 79% of people want "less gun control"... I hardly believe that.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,436

    Post imported post

    openryan wrote:
    ........Do you really believe that 79% of people want "less gun control"... I hardly believe that.
    I agree, BUT if the numbers were reversed, you had better believe that those on the other side would claim that it represented PUBLIC OPINION.



    Tarzan

  14. #14
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,606

    Post imported post

    tarzan1888 wrote:
    openryan wrote:
    ........Do you really believe that 79% of people want "less gun control"... I hardly believe that.
    I agree, BUT if the numbers were reversed, you had better believe that those on the other side would claim that it represented PUBLIC OPINION.



    Tarzan
    Sure, and is the poll still open? I mean you can't even make an unscientific claim until all the results are in....

    The anti's use anything to gain traction, biased number/polls, name calling, false claims, anything they can to brainwash other to live in the paranoid world they call home.

    But just to say that pro-gun people have their "fanatics", and there are fanatics out there, there are also reasonable people on the anti's side, not reasonable in the stance that I agree with them, because I don't, but people who don't make outrageous claims, or try to push their ideals on other people.

    And no so much political figures, but just people I have met, people that just in general don't like guns, but are respectful enough to honor my right to carry one.

  15. #15
    State Researcher dng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,290

    Post imported post

    77% for less control

    Yep,I hammered it again.

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,628

    Post imported post

    +1
    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Newbie W.E.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    all over VA, ,
    Posts
    503

    Post imported post

    poll ended

  18. #18
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,606

    Post imported post

    W.E.G. wrote:
    poll ended
    Results:

    December 6, 2007
    Should gun controls be stricter? (results for 2164 entries)
    No, there should be less contorl. 78% 1688 votes
    No, the laws are fine. 9% 205 votes
    Yes. Background checks should be tougher. 9% 215 votes
    Handguns should be outlawed. 2% 56 votes outlawed.



    Here is another poll they did in March...

    March 12, 2007
    Are gun laws too strict? (results for 685 entries)
    They should be more strict. 53% 368 votes
    No, they're perfect. 16% 112 votes
    Yes, they're too strict. 25% 172 votes
    I don't care. 1% 13 votes


  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Well, they are certainly trying, aren't they?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    1,436

    Post imported post

    openryan wrote:
    W.E.G. wrote:
    poll ended
    Results:

    December 6, 2007
    Should gun controls be stricter? (results for 2164 entries)
    No, there should be less contorl. 78% 1688 votes
    No, the laws are fine. 9% 205 votes
    Yes. Background checks should be tougher. 9% 215 votes
    Handguns should be outlawed. 2% 56 votes outlawed.



    Here is another poll they did in March...

    March 12, 2007
    Are gun laws too strict? (results for 685 entries)
    They should be more strict. 53% 368 votes
    No, they're perfect. 16% 112 votes
    Yes, they're too strict. 25% 172 votes
    I don't care. 1% 13 votes
    Well Ryan I guess there was another poll where the numbers were reversed and I for one didn't hear much about it.

    tarzan1888 wrote:
    .....if the numbers were reversed, you had better believe that those on the other side would claim that it represented PUBLIC OPINION.



    Tarzan



    At least we now have some off-set data.



    Tarzan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •