• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hammer this poll!!!

W.E.G.

imported post

Fire Mission:

Hammer this poll!!!

Poll appears on the far left side of the page at the bottom of the list of subject classses.

http://journalnow.com/

poll-1.jpg

SIGguy229

imported post

I find it ironic that they state in their poll that it may not reflect public opinion. If that is true, then who are we??

I guess they only troll for answers they want--not fact.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

SIGguy229 wrote:
I find it ironic that they state in their poll that it may not reflect public opinion. If that is true, then who are we??

I guess they only troll for answers they want--not fact.
How is it hard to understand it might not? I mean it is entirely dependent upon who reads their website, and who participates in the poll. If nobody cares to take part in their poll, except mostly pro-gun people, then obviously it wouldn't reflect public opionion, and the same would be true for the converse.

Furthermore, people on here are asking us to "hammer" this poll, which just makes it even more unscientific...and less representative of a cross section of the country.

Do you really believe that 79% of people want "less gun control"... I hardly believe that.

tarzan1888

imported post

openryan wrote:
........Do you really believe that 79% of people want "less gun control"... I hardly believe that.

I agree, BUT if the numbers were reversed, you had better believe that those on the other side would claim that it represented PUBLIC OPINION.

Tarzan

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
openryan wrote:
........Do you really believe that 79% of people want "less gun control"... I hardly believe that.

I agree, BUT if the numbers were reversed, you had better believe that those on the other side would claim that it represented PUBLIC OPINION.

Tarzan
Sure, and is the poll still open? I mean you can't even make an unscientific claim until all the results are in....

The anti's use anything to gain traction, biased number/polls, name calling, false claims, anything they can to brainwash other to live in the paranoid world they call home.

But just to say that pro-gun people have their "fanatics", and there are fanatics out there, there are also reasonable people on the anti's side, not reasonable in the stance that I agree with them, because I don't, but people who don't make outrageous claims, or try to push their ideals on other people.

And no so much political figures, but just people I have met, people that just in general don't like guns, but are respectful enough to honor my right to carry one.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
poll ended
Results:

[font="verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,sans-serif"] December 6, 2007[/font]
[font="arial,sans-serif"]Should gun controls be stricter? (results for 2164 entries)
No, there should be less contorl. 78% 1688 votes
No, the laws are fine. 9% 205 votes
Yes. Background checks should be tougher. 9% 215 votes
Handguns should be outlawed. 2% 56 votes outlawed.
[/font]
[/font][font="verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,sans-serif"][/font][/font]

Here is another poll they did in March...

[font="arial,sans-serif"]March 12, 2007[/font]
[font="arial,sans-serif"]Are gun laws too strict? (results for 685 entries)[/font]
They should be more strict. 53% 368 votes
No, they're perfect. 16% 112 votes
Yes, they're too strict. 25% 172 votes
I don't care. 1% 13 votes

[font="verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif"] [/font]

tarzan1888

imported post

openryan wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:
poll ended
Results:

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,sans-serif]December 6, 2007[/font]
[font=arial,sans-serif]Should gun controls be stricter? (results for 2164 entries)
No, there should be less contorl. 78% 1688 votes
No, the laws are fine. 9% 205 votes
Yes. Background checks should be tougher. 9% 215 votes
Handguns should be outlawed. 2% 56 votes outlawed.
[/font]
[/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,sans-serif][/font][/font]

Here is another poll they did in March...

[font=arial,sans-serif]March 12, 2007[/font]
[font=arial,sans-serif]Are gun laws too strict? (results for 685 entries)[/font]
They should be more strict. 53% 368 votes
No, they're perfect. 16% 112 votes
Yes, they're too strict. 25% 172 votes
I don't care. 1% 13 votes

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font]

Well Ryan I guess there was another poll where the numbers were reversed and I for one didn't hear much about it.

tarzan1888 wrote:
.....if the numbers were reversed, you had better believe that those on the other side would claim that it represented PUBLIC OPINION.

Tarzan

At least we now have some off-set data.

Tarzan