• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to site and I am amazed!

Stape

imported post

Hello all. I was reading up on random firearms stuff and stumbled across this site and have been reading it all day, figured I might as well sign up. Looks like allot of localguys here so might be cool to know a few folks. I have lived in Bremerton the past 3 yrs, stationed here, and have a concealed permit, but until this morning never knew that OC was legal here. I have never given OC much thought because I have never lived where it was legal, but now that this option obviously exists, my mind is racing with possibilities. It's a suprise too. As much time as I spend at the range, all the folks I hang around who are firearms enthusiasts ect......I have never seen an OC guy? I have a thousand questions and concerns but I think I will read some more before I go spouting off about something and show my ignorance. I am happy about the option of OC but also concerned as I am sure many of you could understand....what kind of reations do you get, from your neighbors, the police ect.........I can see many benefits, and also some negative ones, but hell, anything has that aspect, so like I said, look forward to reading up and gaining some knowledge around here, hope you don't mind me asking and poking my head in time to time. You all take care.

WV308Shooter

imported post

It just seems like common sense to me, the Constitution says we can keep and bear arms. Personally, I don't think a permit should be needed to carry concealed either. What sucks is, my state has an OC law, but the city I live in prohibits it. I guess I will just have to break down and get a CCW permit.

Attachments

• 2007_0621Image0002.JPG
    2007_0621Image0002.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 236

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Stape wrote:
Hello all. I was reading up on random firearms stuff and stumbled across this site and have been reading it all day, figured I might as well sign up.
Welcome aboard!!! We are glad to have you and we will be glad to field those questions one at a time! :cool:

Stape

imported post

I appreciate the welcome. It's sad, but my only concern are the evil gun believers that are worried about joe citizen carrying, when hes probably the last person you should worry about. In my small realm of day to day life, everybody knows me from the gas station to the grocery store and I am not worried about those places, just maybe the more populated areas. I'm not one to draw attention to myself, but the only time I open carry is out and about hunting ar scouting, hiking and so on, and in those places, it's a no-brainer, as should it all. Just trying to wrap my head around the concept as it has never before been presented to me is all.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Stape wrote:
I appreciate the welcome. It's sad, but my only concern are the evil gun believers that are worried about joe citizen carrying, when hes probably the last person you should worry about. In my small realm of day to day life, everybody knows me from the gas station to the grocery store and I am not worried about those places, just maybe the more populated areas. I'm not one to draw attention to myself, but the only time I open carry is out and about hunting ar scouting, hiking and so on, and in those places, it's a no-brainer, as should it all. Just trying to wrap my head around the concept as it has never before been presented to me is all.

Welcome aboard,

Well to tell you the truth...at first you care and are a little bit paranoid ( so to speak ). But as you get more comfortable with how you carry yourself while OCing and also know theLaws/Codes you really won't carry at all. I have people asking me almost every day now why I carry. I had a CFP feller come up to me the other day and said that he has seen me OCing and that he has his "Permit" and he didn't think that OCing was legal. I educated him a little bit about the Laws/Codes and referred him to this site. I refer personally 1-2 people every week to this site . I even have a sticker on my rearview window that says.

"A Right UnExercised is a Right Lost" www.opencarry.org

ask SGTJensen cuz he has seen it.

Carry On and Do It PROUDLY

FogRider

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
Welcome aboard !

Ask away ! The only dumb question is one that goes un-asked !

Always great to see new faces !:celebrate:celebrate

cluelessness.jpg

No offence to anyone, just thought the pic was funny.

reefteach

imported post

A license to carry a concealed weapon is nothing more than the government granting permission for one to wear his clothes in a particular manner while armed. Wearing a gun on the hip in the summer?, Fine. Want to wear it under a windbreaker? You will need to pass a background check, get fingerprinted, fill out some forms, get photographed,....blah, blah, blah. Why is the government so involved with fashion?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Stape wrote:
Hello all. I was reading up on random firearms stuff and stumbled across this site and have been reading it all day, figured I might as well sign up. Looks like allot of localguys here so might be cool to know a few folks. I have lived in Bremerton the past 3 yrs
What state? You can merge this trhead to your state.

WV308Shooter

imported post

beats the hell outta me, makes absolutely no sense. the only real advantage I see to concealed carry is that some people get a little alarmed when they see anyone but a cop carry in the open. personally, I think a nice 1911 is a great accessory for any belt, lol.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Stape wrote:
...Looks like allot of localguys here so might be cool to know a few folks...
WELCOME!!

Hey, just a suggestion - fill in your state of residence in your profile.

Not only does that help the admins here when talking to the media about the breadth of the membership, but when you are posting to a thread outside of your state, people can see "where" you're coming from, and in addition maybe learn something about the law or the political environment there (since they would know where "there is").

expvideo

imported post

Stape wrote:
I have a thousand questions and concerns but I think I will read some more before I go spouting off about something and show my ignorance.
Really, don't worry about it. I know on a lot of firearms forums you will get flamed for asking something that would be a common question, but here we have no problem answering anything you'd liketo know. Of course it is always prefferable to do a search, but no one is going to jump on your case about asking questions. We really want more public support, so the last thing weare going to do is get mad at you for asking questions. So really, honestly, go ahead and ask anything you want.

imperialism2024

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Stape wrote:
I have a thousand questions and concerns but I think I will read some more before I go spouting off about something and show my ignorance.
Really, don't worry about it. I know on a lot of firearms forums you will get flamed for asking something that would be a common question, but here we have no problem answering anything you'd liketo know. Of course it is always prefferable to do a search, but no one is going to jump on your case about asking questions. We really want more public support, so the last thing weare going to do is get mad at you for asking questions. So really, honestly, go ahead and ask anything you want.
And I'm sure that any questions asked we'll have answered millions of times before to other people encountered while OCing.

gregma

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
expvideo wrote:
Stape wrote:
And I'm sure that any questions asked we'll have answered millions of times before to other people encountered while OCing.
You know, I never thought about that. This really IS good experience for what we encounter out in the "real world". A lot of these questions from newbies are likely what we get all the time, and this would be considered a very safe alternative :)

Stape

imported post

I registered really quick last night just to get on board, I'll update my profile soon. I'm in Washington State, over in Bremerton, across the water from Seattle. I have carried for years, always concealed, usually a Series One Kimber 1911 fullsize that I have tweaked here and there to my liking, squared off trigger guard, 30LPI everywhere, low-mount bomars, ambi and ablended mag funnel.if not that, pocket carry a .38 snub,or if in the woods I'll open carry a gp100, all with handloads for application. Thanks for all the info fellas.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome aboard! It takes some getting used to, I still get a little nervous in some situations, but am good about not showing it. Confidence and belief counts for everything.

I'm not sure about handloads for self defense, too much potential for an over eager DA to sceam "excessive force" or that you were making more powerful ammo than factory, etc... all BS I know, but Ayoob councils against it, and I agree with the argumetns he has put forth.

If you ever find your way down to Olympia, drop me a message. We're not all kooks down here!