• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at IU-A THREAT??

Lthrnck

imported post

PackinVB,

I would have to disagree with you on the part about the is NO need for any military personnel to be carrying off base in line with their duties.

I carried off base when I was Brig Chasing. The MP's carry off base all the time going to pick up military personnel that might have been detained in the local jails, or to investigate crimes involving military people who may be involved or be victims of crimes.

I know it's not something that happens to much to day. But there were times when we got paid in cash so the payroll officer and several NCO's with sidearms and M-16's would go pick up the payroll.

We would carry our sidearms and rifles when we were transporting out 50 cals and other weapons over to El Toro for level 1 & 2 maintance. So there are many times when military personnel may be called on to wear or carry weapons in the line of duty while off base.

Just thought I should point that out.

PackininVB

imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
PackinVB,

I would have to disagree with you on the part about the is NO need for any military personnel to be carrying off base in line with their duties.

I carried off base when I was Brig Chasing. The MP's carry off base all the time going to pick up military personnel that might have been detained in the local jails, or to investigate crimes involving military people who may be involved or be victims of crimes.

I know it's not something that happens to much to day. But there were times when we got paid in cash so the payroll officer and several NCO's with sidearms and M-16's would go pick up the payroll.

We would carry our sidearms and rifles when we were transporting out 50 cals and other weapons over to El Toro for level 1 & 2 maintance. So there are many times when military personnel may be called on to wear or carry weapons in the line of duty while off base.

Just thought I should point that out.
OK maybe goin to find some people or take some weapons to get fixed. Its alot easier now that there are no payroll checks too. But my main point was that this guy acted like he could carry simply because he was in the military, and everyone knows that only military on duty, doing a certain job can carry. And i dont know how long ago you were in but there are not very many times that the military needs to carry off base. Not too many, and if they need to, they usually have local police with them to cover the locals asses.

slowzx320

imported post

Just for him to bring out his military card like that shows you how low he is. He now thinks hes all high and mighty and cool since he did that. Just my opinion hes a DICK for doing that plain and simple. Yea thanks for serving out country but it doesnt me your beter than me just bc you have a military card. Hes a joke! Great job of controlling yourself nicely!!!

tattedupboy

imported post

He would actually have a point about you being a "threat" if you were going around flaunting your gun, or talking trash about how you'd shoot somebody, or just otherwise being a jerk. Obviously, you weren't doing any of this; this guy apparently is one of the anti OC people we have heard stories about. The only difference between him and the typical anti OC person we read about is that he's a member of the military. That goes to show us that antis can be found anywhere and all we can do is not allow them to deter us and use OC as an opportunity to educate them. If they can't be ecucated, as obviously this guy can't be, then it's best to just leave them be and continue carrying.

Hoosier8

imported post

I believe Military can only carry if carrying is required during duty. Any military other than than cannot carry and would also need to apply for the carry license.

My daughter is a Marine and she would have only said, "Cool".