• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mall open carry, now?

charlie12

imported post

Carondalet wrote:
Open carried in Mall of Louisiana today. Put car in Sears for oil change, walked across parking lot, 2 laps in mall. One ninja saw me for sure, as well as a uniformed State trooper. No events.
Sounds like that went pretty well.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

From what I've heard, the Staties actually know that OC is legal. it's the locals and the mall ninjas you gotta look out for.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I'm glad to hear you did not have any issues. I rarely go to a mall, but I think it is especially important to be armed at malls in light of recent events.

charlie12

imported post

aroundlsu wrote:
What is there to know about the seatbelt law?
My girlfriend is a newspaper distributor and is exempt from wearing a seatbelt while delivering papers. She was stopped at a check point in Port Vincent and told to put on her seatbelt. She told him she was delivering the newspaper and was exempt from wearing one while doing that.He told her there were no exemptions. She told him she was told by a very good source (me)that she wasexempt and he said NO.
I called Troop A and told them what went down and they looked up the RS and told me that I was right. I already knew that. I printed a copy of the RS for her to give him the next weekend when she saw him at the roadblock again. The next weekend they were back at the same location and when she stopped she told him she had something for him and he started laughing and said he had already found out. I think the other Troopers ragged him about it.

From RS 32:295.1

[align=justify]C. This Section shall not apply to the following:[/align]
[align=justify](1) A motor vehicle operated by a rural letter carrier of the United States Postal Service while performing his or her duties as a rural letter carrier, to a farm vehicle being operated within five miles of the place of its principal use, to a motor vehicle being operated by a newspaper delivery person while he or she is engaged in the distribution of regularly published newspapers.[/align]

DMB

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
Carondalet wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I haven't been dissed in there, yet, but you know how it is. I especially like the rent-a-cops new state trooper cowboy like hats.
Mall Ninja's with Trooper hats? How do you keep from laughing. :lol:
Well, at least they are employed. It's a position that needs to be filled. Surely most of you are intelligent enough to realize that it is a MALL SECURITY OFFICER position. You are not going to attract someone with a law degreeor a police background. Accept this for what it is and get over it. Once again, the person is employed. That in itself says something. Quit namecalling and degrading these people and try educating them in a professional manner that does not bellittle them. After all, how many of you like to be called "John Wayne's" and "Wannabe Cops". Anybody disagree? - David

aroundlsu

imported post

Jimmy Dean wrote:
So, the MoL is OC?
No. Some people have made it through without being stopped, but others have been stopped and asked to leave. If you call and ask they will say they have a no weapons policy. But there are no signs posted AFAIK.