Thread: open carry walmart bowling green ohio

Post imported post

my wife and i were shopping at walmart in bowling green ohio day after thanksgiving at 2:00 a.m. (have 7 kids need the good deals) i was open carrying and i noticed employee's was following us and i heard them talking on their gijoe walkie talkies that the guy with the gun had long hair and the other one said no he's right here and i turned over my shoulder and seen him pointing at me and he put his hand down fast their was several big stock guys and they send peewee up to ask me if i was a cop and i said no this guy was shaking so bad i thiught he was going to piss himself i told him that i was open carrying and why and told him that i had before in walmart just not that early in the am and told him that i checked with walmart and they were ok with it and then he said oh yah i did read that memo and he told me to have a good day. now as it got closer to 5:00 for the big rush i did cover it up . which brings me to a ? can you open carry with a iwb holster and if you conceal carry and you open your coat or you reach to get something and you gun shows is that ok? or a real bad thing?

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Post imported post

I think others will pipe in on this. But, if you have a CCL and it happens to show it's no big deal because open carry is legal in Ohio.

As for the IWB, as long as the firearm is visible it's ok.

Based on your story the employees appearantly thought you were open carrying.

Post imported post

You can open carry or cc. If your weapon appears while you reach for something that doesn't matter. Ohio doesn't have printing laws. So if your weapon is half covered you are legal as well. You might get hasseled, but you are legal.

Post imported post

I could see a cop pouting about CCW if you did not have a permit and were using an IWB holster, but that's the only complication I can see in such a situation.

-ljp