• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield Mall murder on Sunday...

ChinChin

imported post

Gang Task Forcesaid it's all connected with a present turf war between MS-13 and some other central/south american gang.

Perhapse FFX could take a page from PW county and start checking papers when they detain our illegal compadres from the south.

xd.40

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Gang Task Forcesaid it's all connected with a present turf war between MS-13 and some other central/south american gang.

Perhapse FFX could take a page from PW county and start checking papers when they detain our illegal compadres from the south.
...Or the mall could allow legally carried weapons insode the mall - openly or conceal carry. We don't want to see another mall shooting, or any shooting for that matter!

It's my understanding that the Springfield mall doesn't allow weapons of any sort, leagal or not, inside the mall. Just like Potomac Mills.

ET

imported post

I must admit that I haven't read that entire long manifesto in fine print at a few of their entrances, but I've OC'd there many times without a problem.

xd.40

imported post

[align=justify]http://www.springfieldmall.com/security.aspx?0.778205364476889
[/align][align=justify]
[/align][align=justify]Springfield Mall Rules of Conduct
Springfield Mall, including its designated roadways and parking areas, is private property. In order to provide a safe, secure and pleasant environment we ask your cooperation by following these Rules of Conduct.

These activities are NOT ALLOWED:
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Use of loud, obscene or offensive language or gestures.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Entry without shoes or shirt. Clothing expressing an obscene or offensive message. Clothing that does not cover or conceal one's body to prevent indecent exposure or nudity.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Loitering, standing or walking in a manner that interferes or is likely to interfere with others.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Running, shouting, horseplay, throwing any type of object, littering, disorderly or disruptive conduct of any nature.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Use of any property in an improper or unsafe manner.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Illegal possession, use and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances.[/align]
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Photography, videography, performances or other entertainment.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Smoking (inside).[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Use of bicycles, skateboards, roller-skates, roller-blades, scooters and the like anywhere on the property either inside the Mall or in parking facilities.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Solicitation or leafleting.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Animals except a trained “service animal” accompanying an individual with a disability.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Possession of a weapon, even if legally carried, except by law enforcement officers.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Any act defined by Federal, State or Local law constituting a criminal offense.[/align]
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
bullet.gif
[align=justify]Groups of 4 or more under the age of 18 will be asked to leave the mall for the day unless in the immediate company of a parent or responsible adult/guardian over the age of 25. [/align] [/align]Your entry constitutes your consent to abide by all the posted rules governing conduct. A violation of these rules may result in expulsion from the property or other legal action, as Management deems appropriate. Questions regarding these rules of conduct should be addressed to Springfield Mall Management.

So they will kick you out if you carry, and loose your business. Their loss...

hsmith

imported post

It's a good thing the state of virginia has our police acting as tax agents trying to raise revenue instead of the police doing their job and going after dangerous gangs.

chalk one up for the virginia state legislature.

LEO 229

imported post

hsmith wrote:
It's a good thing the state of virginia has our police acting as tax agents trying to raise revenue instead of the police doing their job and going after dangerous gangs.

Ouch!

On behalf of all LEOs in the Northern half of Virginia.. Sorry we could not be at that very spot when a gang banger popped another gang banger.

We know what gang members "look like" but due to racial profiling we cannot do this type of activity. And since there are more gang members than cops.. we are sorry we could not dedicate a cop to follow that gang member who was killed nor the gang member who shot him.

We admit fault and take total blame. We have nothing better to do than follow gang members around all day.

Where is the INS? Wait a minute..!!!Where in the hell were all those OCers that boast that they are out there openly packing heaters to protect the public and prevent crime. :?

It appears the blame can be tossed into the laps of many people.

xd.40

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
hsmith wrote:

Ouch!

On behalf of all LEOs in the Northern half of Virginia.. Sorry we could not be at that very spot when a gang banger popped another gang banger.

We know what gang members "look like" but due to racial profiling we cannot do this type of activity. And since there are more gang members than cops.. we are sorry we could not dedicate a cop to follow that gang member who was killed nor the gang member who shot him.

We admit fault and take total blame. We have nothing better to do than follow gang members around all day.

Where is the INS? Wait a minute..!!!Where in the hell were all those OCers that boast that they are out there openly packing heaters to protect the public and prevent crime. :?

LEO, I don't think he was bashing you all, per se. I think he was referring to the "abusive driver" fees. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Now, I'm sure there might be more OC'ers at that particular mall, but due to the mall's policies, they (The OC'ers) get harassed and asked to leave. This looks like the end result of being asked to leave because you were lawfully, openly carrying a firearm and obeying the law...

Edits in Italics

LEO 229

imported post

xd.40 wrote:

LEO, I don't think he was bashing you all, per se. I think he was referring to the "abusive driver" fees. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Now, I'm sure there might be more OC'ers at that particular mall, but due to the mall's policies, they get harassed and asked to leave. This looks like the end result of being asked to leave because you were obeying the law...
In either case..... the police do a variety of jobs. They are not being paid to watch a gang banger all day. There are simply not enough cops to do that.

Issuing traffic tickets is part of the job too.

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
hsmith wrote:

Ouch!

I hope there aren't members here who boast of protecting the public and preventing crime. Wait.........LEO that's your job! Oh yeah, you're to busy arresting OC'ers for trespassing(cheap shot, I know.) The public was warned about attacks at malls this holiday season, be it domestic or international terrorist. LEO, if the rules aren't posted properly how's the public supposed to know what they are. Shouldn't the mall do this for it to hold any water. I was at Best Buy across the street the day this happened and I was OC'ing. However, unless I was in any danger I would've steared clear of the situation. Also, I've never been harassed for OC'ing in Springfield Mall, only at Giant. I go to this Mall once every two weeks.:cool:

hsmith

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
xd.40 wrote:

LEO, I don't think he was bashing you all, per se. I think he was referring to the "abusive driver" fees. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Now, I'm sure there might be more OC'ers at that particular mall, but due to the mall's policies, they get harassed and asked to leave. This looks like the end result of being asked to leave because you were obeying the law...
In either case..... the police do a variety of jobs. They are not being paid to watch a gang banger all day. There are simply not enough cops to do that.

Issuing traffic tickets is part of the job too.
Lord, how many logical fallacies are in this.

The legislature turned police into tax agents and want them to raise revenue.

We have bigger problems in the state other than speeders, we have MS-13.

Sorry if I'd rather police be fighting gangs compared to issuing $3000 tickets because the Legislature is to chicken shit to bring up the issue of budget cuts or tax increases.

Police don't need to be tax men with guns, they should be working to reduce crime. No where did i insinuate they prevent crime, being someone who carries a firearm for that very reason - to argue otherwise is silly. Police should be out there working to stem the gangs, it is a nasty pressing issue which i would rather the police be doing than collecting money to build roads.

LEO 229

imported post

OK... you see a guy with tattoos..... He is obviously a gang member...

He is not breaking any laws while I am watching him.

What do you want me to do with him?

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

you should probably run his serial number under his chin

LEO 229

imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

you should probably run his serial number under his chin
Might as well bar code him... "hsmith" would probably like that so that the police can scanthe guyfrom a distance and have it automatically contact INS with the guy's current location. :lol:

Tomahawk

imported post

How quicklya thread about a mall shooting turns into a LEO-bashing thread.

Anyhooo, here's the text of the article. Anyone know where this restaurant is at? I go to that mall once in a while and I don't recall where this one is. Is it the one near the back entrance by the DMV?
Police seek help solving murder

By ELISA A. GLUSHEFSKI
eglushefski@potomacnews.com

Thursday, December 6, 2007

[align=right]
[/align]
Christian Argueta's sister is still waiting for an answer to why her brother was killed.

Argueta, 19, of Woodbridge, was shot outside Cerro Grande Restaurant at the Springfield Mall early Sunday morning.

Her brother had never been to the restaurant before that night, she said Wednesday.

And the only reason he was there, she added, was because some of Argueta's co-workers wanted to go after their company's Christmas party.

Argueta's family and the Fairfax County police are asking anyone who may have been in the parking lot or saw the shooting to come forward with information.

"It was in the parking lot of a mall," his sister said. "Somebody had to see something."

Police released new information on the descriptions of the shooter and other assailant Wednesday.

One was described as a thin Hispanic man in his 20s, who was wearing a black and blue shirt, jeans and a blue baseball cap, police said.

The other was also described as a Hispanic man in his 20s, with a medium build, and was wearing a black coat. He had short, curly hair, according to police.

Shortly before 2 a.m., Argueta and a friend were leaving the restaurant when police say they were confronted by two men in the parking lot.

Words were exchanged, police said, and then one of the assailants pulled out a handgun and shot Argueta in the upper body.

The friend ran for help and the assailants fled the scene, police said. The friend was not injured.

Argueta died at the scene.

Madalein Argueta, 21, described her brother as a sweet person with a unique laugh who, when he wasn't at work, was usually either spending time with family or at a friend's house.

She said she hopes anyone with information will go to police, even if they are scared.

Investigators are still looking into whether there were any surveillance cameras that caught the shooting on tape, said Officer Shelley Broderick, a Fairfax County police spokeswoman.

Broderick said police are still investigating the motive whether Argueta knew his assailants.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Crime Solvers at 703-691-8888 or 866-411-TIPS, or go to fairfaxcrime solvers.org. Callers don't have to give their name, just information, and could earn up to a $1,000 cash reward for information that leads to an arrest.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

If it was one gangbanger knocking off another gangbanger and both were not what one might think of as "model citizens", why would anyone lose any sleep over it? Unless, of course an innocent person or someone's property was a secondary recipient of the incident. Do we really care if two criminals decide to kill one another?