• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5th mall shooting this year

lax

imported post

Oh I hear ya on CNN. They did quickly splash a list of malls on the screen but I can only remember Utah and Houston.

Decoligny

imported post

lax wrote:
CNN is saying that the Nebraska mall shooting is the 5th mall shooting this year.
This is a list of the "MALL SHOOTINGS" this year in the Atlanta area. And gee isn't CNN headquartered in Atlanta. Maybe they should be looking out thier own front window.
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2007/12/05/MallShootingsATL_1205.html
November 2007: A gunman and a Brinks guard were shot in a failed robbery attempt at Arbor Place mall.

June 2007: Two employees were killed in the Greenbriar Mall parking lot. The shooter later killed himself.

April 2007: A security guard and two other people were shot after at least four men attempted to rob a jewelry store in Greenbriar Mall.

April 2007: A hotel employee was fatally shot at lunchtime in the CNN Center. The gunman was then shot by a security guard, authorities said.

And here is a list from another website:

2007 shootings at U.S. shopping centers

There have been eight cases of shootings at shopping centers since the first of the year, resulting in 24 deaths.

FEB. 12: Sulejman Talovic, 18, killed five people and wounded four others at the Trolley Square mall in Salt Lake City, Utah. Talovic died at the scene in a shootout with police.

APRIL 3: Authorities say Arthur Mann, 39, killed his ex-girlfriend, 22-year-old Clara Riddles, at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Mann was charged with aggravated assault and felony murder.

APRIL 29: David W. Logsdon, 51, shot and killed two people when he opened fire in a parking lot and in the Ward Parkway Center in Kansas City, Mo. Logsdon died in a shootout with police.

JUNE 13: Authorities say Michael James Young Jr., 21, shot his estranged wife, Shaunna Lynn Bell, 21, and her father, Robert Bell, 49, in the parking lot of Columbiana Centre, in Columbia, S.C. Shaunna Bell was wounded but her father died in the attack.

OCT. 8: A 16-year-old was killed and another teen wounded in a shooting at the Rialto Discount Mall in Rialto, Calif.

NOV. 12: An 18-year-old Oakland man was shot to death at the Metreon shopping center in San Francisco after an argument with at least one other young man just inside the building?s entrance.

NOV. 27: A man fatally shot his girlfriend and then killed himself as she was opening a lingerie store in the Greenspoint Mall in Houston.

DEC. 5: A man with a rifle opened fire at Westroads Mall in Omaha, killing eight people before taking his own life. Five people are wounded, two critically.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I don't belive that there are Mall shootings...

...cuz guns are not allowed in the malls usually...except when the BG is "allowed" to bring it there. The same application to schools as well.

Don't we just LOVE gun control...

( ALOT of sarcasm,...Ok)