• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FIRE MISSION – Virginia – Staunton News Leader

W.E.G.

imported post

FIRE MISSION – Virginia – Staunton News Leader

This is what the Staunton Newsleader thinks of you guys:

http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=AA&Date=20071130&Category=OPINION09&ArtNo=1130002&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=3

I'm not able to hotlink the pejorative image - but you should be able to access the page by launching the URL
I copied the image to photobucket, and pasted it below.

They can be reached at:
Street Address:
The News Leader
11 N. Central Avenue
Staunton, VA 24402

Mailing address:
P.O. Box 59
Staunton, VA 24402

Switchboard:
(540) 885-7281 or (800) 793-2459

or:

http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=CUSTOMERSERVICE03

Here is what I wrote:

Dear Editor:

I am appalled at the disparaging cartoon portraying NRA members as ignorant, unwashed slobs. You do your readership a great disservice by this sort of pejorative characterization. Your cartoon amounts to nothing more than childish name-calling. When an incompetent debater has no grist or foundation for his position, he will resort to name-calling and insults. It is there that you find yourself on this issue. I should think you could do better.

Image saved in case the newspaper takes it down

bilde.jpg

Attachments

• bilde.gif.jpg
    bilde.gif.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 224