• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CWP and ID Check

LEO 229

imported post

People argue for the smallest of things that to me are so insignificant to the larger picture at play.

They make a huge deal over it and then people point out... x,y, and z to show that there are bigger things to worry about that severely trump this small irritation.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

People argue for the smallest of things that to me are so insignificant to the larger picture at play.

I'm a little like you 229. Sometimes I argue just for the fun of it.:D

OTOH, as far as ID goes, I am serious about not needing it and not giving it unless absolutely necessary.
I don't suppose I need to remind you that LEO's are exempt from many of your records showing personal information. I also don't have any major problems with that.....but

Considering the abuses of information, I have to shuck and jive to obtain the same annomonity. One very good example I know of is an officer in Henrico County. Many officers keep their own personal contact databases. This Officer's wife works for Capital One and when he has an interesting contact, he'll have her run credit on the person for him. He even brags on it. I know about it because he asked me to repair a corrupted file once.

Most information requests can be dealt with by lieing. Bad phone number and address works well. Unfortunately, that's illegal when dealing with banks, government or Leo's. IN those cases, just say NO!

My banks hate me! I had one that I had a CD that exceeded the FDIC limit by a little. I got a new teller once that insisted on ID to cash a check. They knew me in the bank and had never asked for it before. I wrote a check for the amount in the account and told her to close the CD and I would be back the following week to pick up the CASH. Despite a number of calls from both the branch manager and the investment department, I still closed them out and opened an account with another bank.

The point is that sometimes I have to show ID but not often. It's not a small thing!

rabbit994

imported post

Xeni, If you want to go fight the man on this immigration thing, I'll completely help you out. Let me give you a step by step on how to "fight the man".

1. Wear firearm openly (completely optional)
2. Commit a crime causing an officer to decide to write you a summons or arrest you. Probably will accomplished at gun point if you decided to do Step 1.
3. Refuse to provide officer any information or give him false information (rack up obstruction charges if you give him false information)
4. At the jail, continue to provide false information stating your so so and your birth place is overseas. Watch as they call ICE.
5. Once ICE gets there, provide real information which proves your legal citizenship or residence status.
6. Come post on OCDO and ACLU message boards about how your rights were violated. Wearing tie dye shirt for extra bonus points.

I know several PWC officers. Every one of them has stated Open Carry is legal and they are aware of said fact. Most of them don't like it. Many OCDO members have extremely positive reactions with PWCPD. I think Open Carry "problem" (there isn't one) has been "fixed". Your welcome to try them on immigration resolution. Since you have to commit a crime to even worry about it cause me to not care. Oh yes, I've decided to take your advice about being a good little sheeple. I've added TWO yellow support the troop ribbons to my car. Go me.

LEO 229

imported post

peter nap wrote:

I'm a little like you 229. Sometimes I argue just for the fun of it.:D

OTOH, as far as ID goes, I am serious about not needing it and not giving it unless absolutely necessary.
I don't suppose I need to remind you that LEO's are exempt from many of your records showing personal information. I also don't have any major problems with that.....but

Considering the abuses of information, I have to shuck and jive to obtain the same annomonity. One very good example I know of is an officer in Henrico County. Many officers keep their own personal contact databases. This Officer's wife works for Capital One and when he has an interesting contact, he'll have her run credit on the person for him. He even brags on it. I know about it because he asked me to repair a corrupted file once.

Most information requests can be dealt with by lieing. Bad phone number and address works well. Unfortunately, that's illegal when dealing with banks, government or Leo's. IN those cases, just say NO!

My banks hate me! I had one that I had a CD that exceeded the FDIC limit by a little. I got a new teller once that insisted on ID to cash a check. They knew me in the bank and had never asked for it before. I wrote a check for the amount in the account and told her to close the CD and I would be back the following week to pick up the CASH. Despite a number of calls from both the branch manager and the investment department, I still closed them out and opened an account with another bank.

The point is that sometimes I have to show ID but not often. It's not a small thing!
I argue for the fun of it all the time on here! Just don't tell anyone!! OK? :lol:

I would not wear my ID on my neck for all to see... But when it is required.. I am adult enough to know when it is necessary and when it is not. Often times... if you want something... you need to give something... I want to cash a check at my bank.... I have to give up my ID.

Do I think the bank is going to use my ID for bad? No... this is not a common problem. If you really want to worry... Think about your credit card the server took around the corner. They will skim your numbers and use it later.

You cannot remain anonymous anymore. As hard as you might try..... computers and data are out there and there is nothing you can do about it. I can be found if you search for me. I have taken a few steps to make it a little harder... But I can be found by everyday citizens.

Most businesses are not interested in you or your identity.... They want your business and that brings in profits.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

You cannot remain anonymous anymore. As hard as you might try....

Your right and I don't have any illusion that I am or could be. I am going out kicking and screaming though.

Your also right about credit card fraud. If people knew how often the cards are illegally scanned, they'd cut them all up. As it is, I only have one card and only use it onc or twice a year. I have a check card that I only use at ATM's and for internet purchases, I use Visa gift cards.

The point is to make demanding ID, as unpleasant and unprofitable as possible.