• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great holster for an Springfield EMP

eyesopened

imported post

I've been looking for a holster for an EMP. I've been using a Comptac CTAC. It's not built specifically for an EMP, the one I have is for a Commander size pistol but it does the job pretty well. The thing is, I wanted to try an OWB as I'm still relatively new to firearms and haven't been exposed yet. Did some searches and found the Galco Side Snap Scabbard. The one for the EMP is SSS424B, this is the right handed version. Only have had it tonight, but I already think I'm going to enjoy this holster a lot. It's very comfortable first off, the snaps are hard enough but not too hard to remove and I like the FBI cant. It is an open top holster but does have a retention screw. I picked it up off EBAY for $59.99+$5 shipping

I believe it was originally designed to fit a 3" 1911 so if you've got an officers model, it'll probably fit that too.