• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why I will NEVER BUY Double Tap Ammo AGAIN!!

Mjolnir

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
I can personally attest that Mike McNett (owner/load developer/phone answerer/shipper/machine operator/go-fer of Doubletap Ammo) is a stand-up guy. He has never run his business in a manner that is shady or dishonest in the least bit. I've been in contact with Mike off and on since BEFORE it was "cool" to buy Doubletap ammo, and he is a great guy. More than willing to help solve any problem that would ever arise.

Once he ships something, he is placing his trust in the shipping company to deliver his product to his customer. If the shipping company drops the ball, there's no way for him to know about it. It's not like UPS will call him up and say they lost it.

Your first order happened the way Mike usually does things, (to your door in 2-3 days) but unfortunately your last order had a glitch in the process. That doesn't mean he's dishonest or a criminal. Has everything you've ever done in a business setting always gone w/out a hitch? Even while it was OUTSIDE of your circle of effective influence?

So he's reshipped your order w/what he had on hand (again, on his dime), and will be shipping the rest of it when he gets a chance to run another batch of your particular load (paying for shipping a second time on his dime). Sounds to me like he's doing everything he can in trying to make it right.
Stop talking logic here as emotion and feelings are much more important :shock::p

I for one agree with ya but others want more for less even if it means a small private company takes a loss. It's an outstanding ammo at at great price, what more can you ask for, eggs in your beer???

Personally all my CCW ammo is Double Tap's and as far as I can forcee the future it will not change. Double Tap ammo is super premium ammo that is heads and shoulders above everybody else's ammo and the one brand of ammo I will depend on to save my bacon & my loved ones bacon should it ever be called on.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have shipped several thousands of packages with UPS over the years. While very rare, they do lose things. On those 4-5 occasions that has happened, I have had to track down what happened to the package and then call UPS customer service to have it traced, and then when not found, file a claim. They are a great shipping company and really work with their customers, but as someone else said, it isn't like they call you to tell you that a package is missing.

Montanya

imported post

My thing is this, if the company did indeed ship it, why not include the tracking info so the customer can verify that information? Obviously, the vendor has the tracking info since they are no doubt processing a claim with UPS over it. I thought there was a way to track by address via UPS as well, maybe call them and ask UPS about it.

spurrit

imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
As a guy who sells this type of product all day long, I have a few questions for you.

Are you sure it shipped?
How much control do you think a seller has on an item once it has left their building?
Are you aware that UPS, etc. misplace, damage and loose packages and there is nothing the seller can do about it?
Are you sure the correct address was on the package?
We ship ammo with Adult Signature Required. Did Double Tap do that and was someone there to sign for it?

Finally, were your communications with Double Tap as filled with anger as your post?

They provided great service before so something must have gone wrong this time, ie. illness, injury, death, building burned down, etc. Should they have gotten back to you? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.

LoveMyCountry

I knew a guy that worked for UPS. Apparently, they always have boxes of ammo that get broken open. (on accident)