• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best shop for FFL transfers?

carhas0

imported post

What gun shops have the lowest FFL transfer fee? I'm looking for something in Kitsap County or between North Seattle and Tacoma. Has anyone used Bullseye in Tacoma? Thanks!

Mainsail

imported post

Mary's in Tacoma charged me only $25, but I have no idea if that's still their current price. You can call and ask them at 253.671.8211, tell them OCdotOrg sent you!

compmanio365

imported post

sean-1286 wrote:
What gun shops have the lowest FFL transfer fee? I'm looking for something in Kitsap County or between North Seattle and Tacoma. Has anyone used Bullseye in Tacoma? Thanks!
Yeah, Bullseye wants $50.....ripoff......I'd call Mary's and maybe Welcher's on Pacific Ave. Then there is always the Gun and Bow further down Pacific towards Spanaway.

cut_cutta

imported post

Basically any pawn shop will do it for $25. Just call and make sure first. Most gun shops charge $25, some charge $50. I refuse to do business with the stores that charge 50, because I find it kind of insulting for someone to try to charge me double the standard price for any service, as if I'm too stupid to know they trying to gouge me. If they charge $5 or 10 more, I might or might not do business with them, but I could atleast understand and wouldn't be insulted.

Krinkovliu

imported post

I use the services of James Woodrow Mathews dba Waffenfabrik-West who is located in the Seward Park area of Seattle. He charges $12.50 for a long-gun transfer and $15.00 for a handgun transfer. "Woody" is a good guy who serves as the editor of the monthly magazine of the Washington Arms Collectors.

Woody has his FFL with a number of larger gun dealers such as AIM Surplus, SOG... If the party from which you wish to transfer a firearm doesn't have Woody' FFL you can ask him to send you a couple of his signed FFLS which you can mail to that party.

Highly recommended. Plus, he is somewhat flexible in his hours. You might be able to pick up your firearm in the early evening or on Sunday.

joshmmm

imported post

Splat attack (paint ball shop) will do transfers for $20 dollars. I just met the owner tonight while picking up an Ice Maker for my Soda machine and noticed he was offering to take guns as trade for his merchandise.We got to chatting, and I discovered he will do FFL transfers for $20 dollars. Seemed like a nice enough guy.

Shy_Panda

imported post

If anyone is interested about this side of the state, Charles over at Sure Shot in Moscow, ID is the only place around Pullman to go. Transfer fee is 20-25 bucks, but that is only on rifles, you have to go up to Spokane for anything closer, unless you can find the guy in Colfax who will do it on handguns, I don't know his fees or even how to contact him. Sort of an old topic but figured I'd comment just incase anyone was looking around.

just_a_car

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
If anyone is interested about this side of the state, Charles over at Sure Shot in Moscow, ID is the only place around Pullman to go. Transfer fee is 20-25 bucks, but that is only on rifles, you have to go up to Spokane for anything closer, unless you can find the guy in Colfax who will do it on handguns, I don't know his fees or even how to contact him. Sort of an old topic but figured I'd comment just incase anyone was looking around.
You mean this guy?:
-------------------------
Chance Bidle
Greyman Guns
2011 Chicken Ranch Road
Colfax, WA 99111
email: Click here to email me
phone: 509-397-2378

Hours: 10:00am-6:00pm Mon.-Fri.
Transfer fee: $30.00, will negotiate with return customers
-------------------------
I found him by going to gunbroker.com's FFL Locater and putting in a Pullman zip code (99163): http://gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

I've found that to be an invaluable resource for getting the best deal on transfer fees. I pay $15 for long guns (rifles and shotguns) and $20 for handguns; all within 30 minutes drive.

Nosrac

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Mary's Pistols will do it for $25, which is as cheap as I've found it so far in the Tacoma/Pierce County area. I'll keep asking around.

I was just at Mary's Pistols and they have a big sign up that says Transfers $50. Although maybe OCDOers get a break.

Cool to see the WGR pamplets stacked there from M1gunner. :)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

WE ARE AAALOANS & GUNSHOP We Have Been In Business For Over 35years We Have The Largest Gun Selection In Lakewood Washington We try to be very fare with our custermers and priceing

ROTFLMAO!!!

Shy_Panda

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
WE ARE AAALOANS & GUNSHOP We Have Been In Business For Over 35years We Have The Largest Gun Selection In Lakewood Washington We try to be very fare with our custermers and priceing

ROTFLMAO!!!
Are they against OC or something? I don't have any idea what their selection is like nor do I know about their policies.

just_a_car

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!!
Are they against OC or something? I don't have any idea what their selection is like nor do I know about their policies.
I think he's laughing at their lack of spelling/grammar skills. Not exactly my first indication of a good gunshop, but I always like to talk to someone that's got something between their ears if I'm going to do business with them. Thing is, I've known people that are very smart, but dislexic, and can't spell to save their lives; they do it mostly phonetically (ever wonder why phonetic isn't spelled with an "F"? :p)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I think he's laughing at their lack of spelling/grammar skills. Not exactly my first indication of a good gunshop, but I always like to talk to someone that's got something between their ears if I'm going to do business with them. Thing is, I've known people that are very smart, but dislexic, and can't spell to save their lives; they do it mostly phonetically (ever wonder why phonetic isn't spelled with an "F"? :p)
You got it. I don't like doing business with people who can't be troubled to make sure their ad copy is well written. Maybe it's the marketer in me....

I've been in that shop, they are pretty pricey anyhow, although I didn't see anything I wanted badly enough to haggle over either. They have a lot of guns, I may stop in again sometime.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
I guess that I am SOL as I am sure that by now you have noticed my inability to throw together a properly formed sentance and my 3rd grade grasp on spelling of the English language. :p
no wurreez i dont think u wood let badd add copee owt if u wer runing a bizniss.

Shy_Panda

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Shy_Panda wrote:
I guess that I am SOL as I am sure that by now you have noticed my inability to throw together a properly formed sentance and my 3rd grade grasp on spelling of the English language. :p
no wurreez i dont think u wood let badd add copee owt if u wer runing a bizniss.
HAHAHA! Hey that isn't that far off of how I write, pretty good impersonation. And you are right, were I running a business I would make sure that there was nothing wrong with it.