• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Day After Christmas Range Day at NRA Headquarters

AR15Texan

imported post

Anyone up for some range time at the NRA Headquarters Range on 12/26?

AR15Texan

imported post

Whatever is convenient, but I warn you I'm not an early morning person when on vacation. So, just to throw a time out there, how about 10:00 AM.

I have a range card as well.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AR15Texan wrote:
Whatever is convenient, but I warn you I'm not an early morning person when on vacation. So, just to throw a time out there, how about 10:00 AM.

Ditto on the "morning person" thing. Never was, never will be.

10 will just about allow me to get there from Richmond and be reasonably awake.

Anybody need to be picked up along the way? Limited seating but lots of cargo room.

stay safe.

skidmark

casullshooter

imported post

The range is in the basement of the NRA headquarters bldg. in Fairfax, VA(Waples Mill Rd.). You can aquire a range card upon arrival by taking a test (written). There is a range fee but it is quite small for members.

AR15Texan

kle

imported post

Since I live up here (there), I'm definitely game for a range-day! Got my blue range card and everything =)

AR15Texan

imported post

So this is who is in so far:

AR15Texan - Range card (check)
casullshooter - Range card (check)
skidmark - Range card (unknown)
kle - Range card (check)
Neplusultra - Range card (unknown)

Maybe: crossfireltd - Range card (unknown)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Now that it's 5pm, I"m a maybe. Not likely, since I usually work until 4:30, but ....

However, I'd be up for dinner afterward if you all are interested.

IanB

imported post

Tess wrote:
Now that it's 5pm, I"m a maybe. Not likely, since I usually work until 4:30, but ....

However, I'd be up for dinner afterward if you all are interested.
+1

I'd go if the time was pushed back to 6PM. I work in DC so I have to head home first to grab my shooter. Traffic is gonna be liiiiight that day. Only people on the roads will be those spending gift cards, and they will get that taken care of before the evening commute.

AR15Texan

imported post

I'm on vacation so I don't mind starting at 6PM to pick up two more people. As long as everyone else is OK with it, what are the votes for: casullshooter, skidmark,kle, and Neplusultra?

kle

imported post

AR15Texan wrote:
I'm on vacation so I don't mind starting at 6PM to pick up two more people. As long as everyone else is OK with it, what are the votes for: casullshooter, skidmark,kle, and Neplusultra?
Anytime is a good time (for me) to send a few hundred rounds downrange =)

I'll be taking that entire week off of work, so yeah, anytime is good for me.

stryth

imported post

I'd love to come out, I even have that nifty black range card! Unfortunately I'm scheduled to be in western New York on the day after christmas :?

Next time!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AR15Texan wrote:

As long as I can start my commute after 12 Noon I am good with any time you all select - as long as you let me know when to be there!

Never been to the NRA Range, & it looks like I need to take the pass-fail safety test. How much time should I allow for that? Since I'll be toting "a few" toys, I'll have them in a wheeled cart. Is there a ramp or elevator leading to the range? If not, about how many steps will I have to lug stuff back UP an the way out? (Gravity operates at 2X going uphill, right?)

stay safe.

skidmark