• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry durring the flood

jmf

imported post

Unfortunately I live in Lewis County in the Boistfort Valley and we got hit hard this week. My house is concrete (ICF) and built high so my house just missed getting flooded but most other of my neighborswhere not so lucky- houses destroyed, cattle and farm landgoneand people displaced.

But my point is I open carried the first minute we where out and about helpingpeople who needed it between my home and a few gas stations that where open. Got a few looks of people noticing but no one said a word to me. My first experience with open carry went well and hope to open carry again under normal circumstances

Coast Guard kicks ass by the way!.

Attachments

• bar 102.jpg
    bar 102.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 492

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Glad to hear you had no problems with your house and a good OC experience.

As a live aboard boater, I second that the CG rocks! The S&R does a difficult job. A customer of mine who is retired CG told me the CG goes out when the Navy won't.

zakst1

imported post

Well, thankfully we haven't seen any unconstitutional gun seizures like what happened in New Orleans during Katrina. That made my blood boil.

jmf

imported post

I didn't realize at the time but it was a good way to represent OC. I got lots of crap from my friends who came down to help clean up, too bad I can't and will not give the general public the replies I gave them - all in fun. The next thing I need to do is read over the forums to be up on the facts of my legal right to OC if and when someone gives me crap about it.

I'm in the blue, kinda hard to see my BHP on my right hip.

Attachments

• bar 691.jpg
    bar 691.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 220