• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Witnesses Say Victim Shoots, Kills Would-Be Robber in DeKalb County

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5148798&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. (FOX 5) -- A would-be robber is dead after witnesses say his intended victim pulled a gun. It happened on Stardust Circle in DeKalb County.

Investigators said the Johnson family was returning home from a school event when three people came up to their car. Randall Johnson, 36, pulled out a gun and shot one of the suspects, killing him.

Shirley Warner, neighbor: "When they drove up in their vehicle, they [suspects] tried to take them out the vehicle and take them into their home but it didn't work out that way."

Police say the victim was found dead in a backyard, and the other gunman and a lookout fled on foot and are still on the loose.

FOX 5's Justin Gray can be reached at [email]justin.gray@myfoxatlanta.com[/email].

120707_gray_12n_11_tmb0001.jpg
Video: Person Killed During DeKalb Co. Robbery Attempt
FOX 5's Justin Gray Reports

MetalChris

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Police say the victim was found dead in a backyard...
Victim? HuH?!

Oh right, those poor criminals get it so bad! I feel sorry that we couldn't have had a chance to rehabilitate him! :cuss:

/sarcasm

sedjester

imported post

It would appear that there were two victims in this incident. The 'intended' victim (aka the guy about to get robbed) and the 'dead' victim (aka the guy attempting the robbery). Does this mean that this whole deal was an 'accident'?

I guess the guns are to blame. :banghead:

I hate how the news can't seem to get anything right.

casullshooter

imported post

Everyone is a victim now, I believe that I am due reparations(as a Confederate-American)from the Gov't due to the way the South was treated during reconstuction.