Thread: Local News Channel Calls FMJBT Armor Piercing.

Post imported post

In a story by Wavy TV 10 in Norfolk VA the reporter Andy Fox called Golden Tiger FMJ ammo armor piercing and a VA Beach police captain said the ammo was used for executing police officers. The story can be found at www.wavy.com click on the video section and it's under the title "drugs,guns,and money seized in major drug bust" I already e-mailed the reporter his e-mail address is Andy.Fox@wavy.com.

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    In a story by Wavy TV 10 in Norfolk VA the reporter Andy Fox called Golden Tiger FMJ ammo armor piercing and a VA Beach police captain said the ammo was used for executing police officers. The story can be found at http://www.wavy.com click on the video section and it's under the title "drugs,guns,and money seized in major drug bust" I already e-mailed the reporter his e-mail address is Andy.Fox@wavy.com.
    Well they are rifle rounds...

Post imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
    GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    In a story by Wavy TV 10 in Norfolk VA the reporter Andy Fox called Golden Tiger FMJ ammo armor piercing and a VA Beach police captain said the ammo was used for executing police officers. The story can be found at http://www.wavy.com click on the video section and it's under the title "drugs,guns,and money seized in major drug bust" I already e-mailed the reporter his e-mail address is Andy.Fox@wavy.com.
    Well they are rifle rounds...
    Yeah, but they are not classified as AP rounds. They tried to ban "armor piercing" rounds several years ago(I don't remember the specifics). They will penetrate soft body armor, but this isn't "armor" in the sense of "armor piercing". You can purchase armor piercing ammo that will penetrate 1/4"-1/2" steel plate at www.ammunitiontogo.com.

That is true armor piercing ammo. I sure as hell don't want my 30.06 hunting ammo classified as armor piercing. If they get away with this type of stuff, pretty soon we will be hunting with .22's and shotguns.

Post imported post

I thought it was illegal to import AP, and that Golden Tiger is made in Russia.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    It's illegal to import it now, but they can still sell ammo that's already here. Golden Tiger isn't true AP. Calling it AP isn't really a lie, because it will penetrate soft armor, like the police wear. So will just about any rifle round. It is misleading as hell, though. As soon as most people hear "armor piercing" they stop listening, and trying to explain the difference is like.

Post imported post

glocknroll wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    It's illegal to import it now, but they can still sell ammo that's already here. Golden Tiger isn't true AP. Calling it AP isn't really a lie, because it will penetrate soft armor, like the police wear. So will just about any rifle round. It is misleading as hell, though. As soon as most people hear "armor piercing" they stop listening, and trying to explain the difference is like.
    So Golder Tiger is classified as AP? Or just banned arbitrarily?

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    glocknroll wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    So Golder Tiger is classified as AP? Or just banned arbitrarily?
    As far as I know it is neither AP nor banned. It's true AP ammo that's banned from importation. Maybe somebody out there has some more info on the subject. Anybody able to help us out?