• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVY TV 10 Norfolk/VA Beach Police Capt. Gets it Wrong or Lies?

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

In a story by Wavy TV 10 in Norfolk VA the reporter Andy Fox called Golden Tiger FMJ ammo armor piercing and a VA Beach police captain Dennis Santos said the ammo was used for executing police officers. The story can be found at http://www.wavy.com click on the video section and it's under the title "drugs,guns,and money seized in major drug bust" I already e-mailed the reporter his e-mail address is Andy.Fox@wavy.com. I'm also calling the Mayor to ask why one of her employees is making false claims on TV.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sometimes its hard to tell if anti's are trying to be deceitful or if they are just plain stupid. (Of course, these aren't mutually exclusive.) I suspect the "armor piercing" claim has to do with the fact that 7.62x39 can defeat police body armor, hence the "executing police" statement. Still, the general public thinks these evil bullets are capable of piercing metal armor, so they can more easily be convinced that this ammo should be banned. "What sportsman needs armor-piercing bullets?", blah, blah blah....

Glenglocker, don't expect any clarification from our media. The current confusion helps support their agenda.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I saw this before I had to be at work today. When I saw the golden tiger label I wondered what they were talking about. And last I heard AP was not illeagal.

Yeah the po lice know the laws and all about weapons and ammo .... yeah right.Don't they check this stuff out before they speak. I guess it's just to scare the natives.

Neplusultra

imported post

Mike wrote:
The video appears changed - I no longer hear the references described above.
Nope, still mentions the armor piercing bullets and that they are for "executing" police officers. (9:40 PM EST)

Sheeesh, people don't give a damn about using words improperly anymore so they can make things sound worse than they are, ala "torture", etc. Isn't executing someone when you have complete control of them and they are neither able nor actually putting up a fight? How dishonest and dispicable.

These drug dealers probably had the guns to protect themselves from other dealers, not to shoot cops. That's bad for business first off and even in the report itself it says one of the guys had a handgun in his waist band yet did not draw.

I emailed the station and educated them that golden tigers are russian import "lead" core rounds not steel core armor piercing rounds and that all rifle rounds will penetrate a bullet proof vest.

It would be nice though if they did reedit the report.

Neplusultra

imported post

Mike wrote:
OK, got it. There is another video without hte citation to armor piercing bullets if you go righ tto top video - very confusing web site.
It is amazing how simple and how confusing a website can be depending on the designer......... Hey, where's your userpic? I want to know what a "super" moderator looks like. Are you as good looking as a "super duper" moderator :^)?

fizzer

imported post

i got an email back from the reporter...

"thanks chris. police called it that. used the word assassination..andy"

yep, that was the entire reply

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Nice and professional, huh? So much for writers/reporters having a way with words. :D I'm glad to see he uses fancy stuff like capitalization and punctuation, though.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

I didn't even get that fizzer. This guy used to do asegment called Road Rebels that showcased bad drivers. Then he got a DUI and the segment kind of went away.:shock:

fizzer

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
I didn't even get that fizzer. This guy used to do asegment called Road Rebels that showcased bad drivers. Then he got a DUI and the segment kind of went away.:shock:

his reply did not make much sense to me either. the cop tells him one thing and he just repeats it. why not ask someone with a little knowledge, stop by a gunshop on the way back to the studio and ask there. if he was told it was a special cop killing round that went around corners to find the closest cop, would he just parrot that too?

i guess being a "reporter" means just report what is said to you. too bad he is not an "investigative journalist". who am i kidding?