• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New site for Virginians!!

PackingVA.org

imported post

Hello fellow Virginians! We have opened a new site. With the loss of PDO we figured that we would open a site so our fellow Virginians that used to congragate at PDO and OCDO would have a home especially for them. Please drop by and take a look. All feedback and suggestions are welcome. We would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to give us a look.

Thanks,

PackingVA.org Staff

http://www.packingva.org

(Thanks Grapeshot)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

PackingVA.org wrote:
Hello fellow Virginians! We have opened a new site. With the loss of PDO we figured that we would open a site so our fellow Virginians that used to congragate at PDO and OCDO would have a home especially for them. Please drop by and take a look. All feedback and suggestions are welcome. We would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to give us a look.

Thanks,

PackingVA.org Staff
Add link and multiply.
Good luck - looking forward to it.

Yata hey

nova

imported post

created an account over there at PVA.org, same username as here :)

sitedzn

imported post

nice header! but i opted for the 2 less rounds of 45 in my PT-145:D. nothing quite like 11 rounds of the most concealable 45 i've ever put my hands on.:cool:

145BP.jpg

IanB

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
nice header! but i opted for the 2 less rounds of 45 in my PT-145:D. nothing quite like 11 rounds of the most concealable 45 i've ever put my hands on.:cool:
Have you seen the Glock 39? Only holds 6+1 rounds but a bit smaller and even more concealable. I pocket carry mine all the time.

Neplusultra

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
That's the one I carry, except I've got the SS slide. It really is small and I really like the big ol' hole at the end of the barrel :^). It jammed a bit when I first bought it but it's good now. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't use +P ammo. The barrel is too thin. That and since the barrel is so short you lose about 200 FPS compared to a full sized piece.

Marco

imported post

isn't posting a new gun site forum on a existing gun site forum rude/spam/unethical:?:question:

:idea:I would like to see range info added if possible.

PackingVA.org

imported post

Bulldog, what Screen name did you sign up with. We can resend the activation email. As stated, please check your spam folder. You can also email me at jpwise15@packingva.org if you continue to have the problem.

sitedzn

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
SNIP/EDIT:
I've got the SS slide. I can't use +P ammo and you lose about 200 FPS compared to a full sized piece.

that is the trade off for the size;)

but that's just what i carry - the PT-1911 is in the truck (with the +p's):p

and since it's hunting season too, probably my 11-87 or Rem700 in the back seat.

Neplusultra

imported post

I have a chronograph (Chrony) and have tested reloads but I couldn't find any factory data of mine. The reloads weren't too impressive at between 750 ad 850 fps. I never did go back and try to adjust the grains to bring the speed up (I got too busy at work). I seem to remember the factories being around 880 - 930 fps, somewhere in there. Using my digital calipers and measuring from the end of the barrel to the tip of the chambered hollow point I get 2.081". Not much of a barrel. I believe a full 5" barrel in .45 with a 230 grain bullet should be around 1100 fps correct? I don't know what a +P should be.

850 fps with a 230 grain bullet gives around 370 ft/lbs of energy.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Decent looking site, looks like you've put some effort into it. Thanks for the invite, but I'm already spread too thin on the boards. With OCDO and handgunlaw.us, this one is a bit redundant for me.