• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suburbia Carry? You better believe it!

Chase2b

imported post

Although this thread is similar to "Who says you don't need guns in suburbia", I started a new one since the location is different.

A couple of weeks ago, there were two car jackings right off of Township Line Rd. in Havertown. It is rare if you ever hear of anything that happens there.

Just goes to show the gun carry naysayers... It could happen anytime, anywhere. They just don't think it will happen to them.

I had an incident that happened to me last October while doing contracting work where I was right in the middle of a shoot out between cops and robbers. Bad guy ran right passed me with his gun. My gun was at home! In fact Handgun magazine is going to publish the story in March 08 issue. I started carrying in 2001 but stopped carrying a few years ago. Same old excuse. Too heavy, not comfortable, etc. Guess where my guns are now?

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

I try to avoid the whole "need" argument.

To illustrate need can inadvertently legitimize the oppositions incorrect assumption that need is relevant.

In the end, when it comes to ownership and carrying of gun, need is not "needed" :) It's a basic human right.

That didn't come out as clear as it was in my head but hopfully you get the jist of what I'm trying to say :)

Chase2b

imported post

Your right, to an extent. But quess what. My basic human right allows me the privelage to carry a gun, but my basic human instinct gives me the right to "need" a gun to protect me and my family.