• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kahr PM 9 fails to chamber completely

cREbralFIX

imported post

soloban,

Ask the NRA Range officers about Kahrs. They see MANY failures in Kahrs every week (1500+ shooters per week). I had two and neither worked well. A friend's K9 broke such that the guide rod popped out the front...the gun was very difficult to open. My PM9's frame cracked after 220 rounds and failed to feed often on Winchester USA.

Never trade a working gun away...only add to the collection.

Go buy a Glock 22 now, shoot 200 rounds through it and use it for defense. Work out the issues with the Kahr or get rid of it. A Glock 22 and Glock 27 pair is a very versatile setup because the G27 can use the longer magazines.

Furthermore, purchase your guns from Virginia Arms in Manassas. The bottom of their receipt states: "No sale final until you're satisfied." They mean this. I had a Kimber Tactical Ultra II that never worked properly. I had it for a year, sent it back to the factory three times, and finally returned the replacement gun to Virginia Arms. They accepted used mags, holster, worn spring assemblies, and the gun...$1450 worth of stuff. Of course they got the money right back, but the point is they support what they sell. Just keep the receipts and you're good to go.