Thread: open carry in minnesota

Post imported post

im new here and was wondering if anyone has open carried in St.cloud. I have been concealing for about a year and havent seen anyone open carry.

Post imported post

not as of yet but I plan to just to see the reactions from passerbyes and law enforcement

Post imported post

do live in st. cloud? i have never open carried into a public place only when i take my kids for walks.

Post imported post

I've done it on a couple of occasions. No problems at all. I do think it stopped some nefarious looking character from getting much closer to me at the ol ATM though.

Post imported post

I open carry in the Twin Cities; havent had any problems here.

Post imported post

I live near Faribault, and plan on open carry soon. Might as well, hard to conceal the Smith and Wesson model 66 .357 4" anyway. Lots of fuuny stares already!

Post imported post

Five Seven wrote:

I live near Faribault, and plan on open carry soon. Might as well, hard to conceal the Smith and Wesson model 66 .357 4" anyway. Lots of fuuny stares already!
    I lived in faribault for 7 years and during that time I would open carry my taurus 66 .357mag (taurus's version of the S&W 66) especially if I was on the way to or coming from the range. I walked into kwik trip - west (the one going to the woolen mill) with it on and no one said anything but I don't know if that is because everyone that worked there knew me. I was pulled over in dundas and told the officer is was carrying it and he had no problem with it. he did ask me to step out of the car since it was in the glove box. this was his first time he had seen a permit. we talked and then he let me go on my way.