• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What will you do if they shoot up your church? Joseph Farah, WorldNetDaily

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59142

[Excerpts]

"Christians need to be prepared to protect themselves against such attacks," explains Van Wyk. "Policemen cannot be everywhere all the time and can generally only clean up the mess after such a tragic event. Christians must not think that justice must be ignored because of their faith. The Bible is quite clear that God has instituted civil government as the minister of justice and the church as the minister of His grace. These authorities, instituted by God, have different functions but both operate under His perfect commands found in the Bible."

As American Christians find themselves threatened by such attacks today and in the future, it's time for them to begin thinking and praying about how they should prepare.

Should the defense of the innocent be left to others?

Is the defense of the faithful the sole responsibility of government?

What does the Bible say about the right and duty of armed self-defense?

Thank God for that young heroine in Colorado Springs. Thank God Charl Van Wyk was armed that day in South Africa. Thank God there are responsible Christians in the world who won't permit the slaughter of believers at the hands of a few haters.

Next time you go to church, pack your Bible … and your gun.
I am sure that some of us know these answers. Others, that prate of relativism, humanism, agnosticism and, worst, atheism, are indeed stuck on the horns of a dilemma.

To the builders of straw scarecrows, you have no concept of where I fall in that continuum. Put words in the mouths of others at your peril.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. LAB/NRA/GOP KMA$$

MetalChris

imported post

My dad stands behind the pulpit with a Kel-Tec in his pocket, and sometimes has his Kimber in his waistband. There are also at least 10 members of the congregation that have their CCW permits, are armedand would be prepared to use deadly force to stop a threat. Someone might have more luck attacking a police station than his church. :)

As for what I would do...I don't go to church anymore, so yeah... :)

OBXMIKE

imported post

I have found that my choir robe conceals quite adequately! It even has a nice little slit to access your right front pocket, just in case.:cool:

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I carry my XD in church and everyone knows i have it. OC baby OC. and I sit in back in the sound/lighting booth so I would have the best point of observation.

pkbites

imported post

What will you do if they shoot up your church?

I never prepare for IF. I prepare for WHEN. At the risk of sounding extreme I assume that all worst case scenarios are going to happen sooner or later and I prepare for when it does.

This is not to deride those that only prepare for IF. Preparing for IF is at least better than what the majority of people in this country do: don't prepare at all. They just die like sheep!

With the exceptions of weddings or funerals I don't attend church. The last time I was in a church was in June during the funeral of a friends son. I had a Kahr Arms PM9 in a pocket holster carried in the inner pocket of my suit jacket. Not my first choice for combat against a murderous nut, but far better than flinging hymn books at him!

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

color of law wrote:
vmathis12019 wrote:
What will I do if they shoot up my church?

I will shoot back, and pray.
In that order? I would!!
Indeed. While I may not be the model christian, I am a rather spiritual fellow. I hope however, that my spirituality can take a backseat in my mind in such a situation. Hopefully my training and practice will take over and I will succeed. Then I will pray.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

God gives talents/abilities/gifts/inspiration. (Among other things.)

I would (and do) take advantage of my ABILITY to carry a weapon while at church and the GIFT of having an alert mind, to (if a situation would ever arise) listen for INSPIRATION of what to do to respond, applying my TALENT of good marksmanship to neutralize the threat.

Church is a place for the sinners, not a placeTO sin.

Pray like everything depends on the Lord, then work ("shoot") like everything depends on you.

JB

imported post

At the risk of opening up a can of worms, I have a question.

If your church prohibited carrying in the building, how would you respond? Carry anyway? Leave it at home? Or would it be enough to encourage you to find a new place to worship?

Anubis

imported post

JB wrote:

If your church prohibited carrying in the building, how would you respond? Carry anyway? Leave it at home? Or would it be enough to encourage you to find a new place to worship?
I carry all the time, avoid places where it's illegal,respect and avoid all posted no-carry zones...

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

What about churches that lease a part of a public school to meet in? Is it a school (guns bad) or a church (guns good)?

LoveMyCountry

tarzan1888

imported post

JB wrote:

When Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden of Eden they were First told to Multiply and Replenish the Earth and Second they were told to Not partake of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

It is believed that they had to have a choice. If they did not partake of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil they would not be mortal and subject to death, BUT they would also not be able to multiply and replenish the Earth. They made the right choice.

We have First been told that if we do not provide for our own we are worse than an infidel. Providing for our own includes providing for their safety. 1 Timothy 5:8

Second we were told that it would be an infraction of some lawif we carried inChurches.

Nowwe also have a choice. Let us chose wisely.

Tarzan

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

LW, may we have a (sub) forum where I/we can listen to those that have this specialized knowlege.

I can argue rationally until the cows come home but I can't knowledgeably argue from faith/religion.

With my deepest appreciation, Tarzan, please make what Scriptural references you can. Sooner or later we will all have to defend our faith.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

IIRC, most JEWISH places of worship are better secured since Jews have had lots more experience throughout history and even today, dealing with people who want to exterminate them. Some places even have armed guards/members, even if they are discretely armed. Those that don'tshould take serious note of these shootings -- and for good reason consideringIslam -- so it's only about time CHRISTIANS wake up!

And at the same time, maybe realize that guns are not inherently evil and it is NOT a sin to see toone'sown personal OR someone else's protection.

Of course, SOME Christians have ALWAYS gotten this -- mostly the Fundamentalists or "militant" vs. passive Christians -- "Crusaders" if you will, such as yours truly for personal example --but most Christians still do not and tend to be pacifists (I say doormats) or, simply "trust God" to protect them (such as many Charismatics do) and will lift no hand or tool to protect themselves. And no, I'm not talking about Quakers who are well known for this position...it seems that most Christians are this way, trusting in God only for their protection and not themselves or any "tools." Maybe they are right -- I'm no Biblical scholar -- but I think they are wrong.

So IMO, Christians certainlySHOULD pray to avoid trouble, ask for protection from evil-doers, etc., but they shouldALSOdotheir part and be armed. I don't see this as a contradictionre: one's Christian faith.

-- John D.