• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC lunch

expvideo

imported post

Do we have an idea of where we want to do the lunch? Is it going to be saturday or sunday? Are we doing one in the north end and one in the south end? What do you guys think? Let's hear some ideas for places to eat. We need to have a finallized plan by thursday or so, instead of making the decision last minute.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

If Oly is going to be the place, I know a couple of good eateries. Was thinking TugBoat Annies, but they are so far from downtown, and personally I want to be downtown. I have OC'd at Old School Pizza (good food, but they play 80's music kinda loud) There is a BBQ joint with plenty of parking that has good food, haven't OC'd there, but they do take reservations...

I don't know my schedule Sunday, I'll be working in Shelton and could be back in Oly somewhere between 5-7ish, but don't know right now. I won't have a gun with me as I'll be coming off from work... mebbe could put my P89 in a hard case and lock it... I'll figure that one out later.

just_a_car

imported post

+1 for Sunday in Oly.

Since I don't know the area, I think SV_Lib or someone else that knows the city needs to let us know where would be good to eat and an address so that we can get directions.

Edit: Okay, that was written before he posted... So, yeah... BBQ sounds good, but reservations can sometimes take a while. I'm up for just about any kind of food.

just_a_car

imported post

Man, that stuff looks tastey...

May want to say 8-15, as we've had some meet-ups be that large. Though, with as little time as we're preparing, I'd think we'd be lucky to get 8.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I think Lt. Wilson doesn't like the idea of a bunch of us descending on Oly... Strange how Oly has so many problems with OC and nowhere else.

compmanio365

imported post

Hmm.....we need to pull a situation like the one in Tacoma a while back when Mainsail and I had been harassed by TPD (of course, Mainsail got the worse end of it....).

The harassment didn't stop until we showed them that we were not willing to be bullied, and that we were stronger and more aware of our rights than they thought. If it worked in a city like Tacoma, where the PD is one of the worst around, it can work in Olympia.

It sounds like we are dealing with 1-2 bad apples that someone is not willing to reprimand, and NOW is the time we need to show that we can't be bullied into hiding because the big bad PD says we're "too open" about our rights. You can call it anything you want, but in the end it's just discrimination......and it's just as unjust and wrong as racial or sexual discrimination, it's all the same. We are being discriminated against because of our choice to exercise our right to carry the way we choose. We need to be just as outraged and ready to fight as those who are discriminated against in other ways. The only sad thing is that we don't have the ACLU or high profile celebrities fighting on our side......we are doing this on our own.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dinner I think. I have to work in Shelton at a new location Sunday, although we usually wrap up by 5. Will know my Sat and Sun schedules tomorow.

gregma

imported post

Please be careful over there guys. I'll be out of town on vacation, so won't be able to make it, but a threat HAS been made to us. They monitor these forums so will be well aware of what is being planned. We do NOT want someone "shot" as it was put.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I told Lt. Wilson if an Oly lunch or dinner happens, I would like to invite a member of the OPD as my guest. I can't way to see the response on that one!:p