• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC lunch

compmanio365

imported post

Do we want to all meet at Cabelas first, as SV was saying, then go from there? I would think we would meet up there around, say 3 PM and shop for a while, then meet at wherever we are eating in Olympia around 5 PM?

That's my best suggestion at the moment for how we do this.

just_a_car

imported post

As I'm off of school until January after Friday, I am open to anything, really.

I have yet to go to Cabela's and this would be a great excuse to do so. Though, from the sounds of how big it is, we should determine where to meet... perhaps the gun/ammo area? :cool:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

BTW, the coffee shop I patronize a lot has asked me let anyone coming down here that they are welcome "as is" to stop in and buy coffee.

Java Flow Coffee

207 Washington St NE, Olympia

They are on Washington St, across from the transit center.

gregma

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
BTW, the coffee shop I patronize a lot has asked me let anyone coming down here that they are welcome "as is" to stop in and buy coffee.
Why not have the "gathering" there? Would be GREAT to show support to a business that obviously supports law-abiding people. They might not offer food, but you might be able to get something and bring it there?

just_a_car

imported post

Absolutely.

Even if we don't meet there, I'll be stopping there to get some coffee on the way there. Any business that is willing to support our civil rights even when the local PD won't deserves my hard-earned financial support.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Igregma wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Why not have the "gathering" there? Would be GREAT to show support to a business that obviously supports law-abiding people. They might not offer food, but you might be able to get something and bring it there?
They'll be closed by the time I get off work. However I was specifically asked to invite the people coming down here to stop in there, so....

I will be able to confirm my schedule tomorow (didn't happen today, things are a bit up in the air) and will stop by Dickerson's as well.

I don't know if I will be in Oly by 5pm... I may make the gathering late.

Steve

Trigger Dr

imported post

Steve,

If Wilson accept your offer, ask him to come in plain clothes and OC without his badge visible.

Jim

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Steve,

If Wilson accept your offer, ask him to come in plain clothes and OC without his badge visible.

Jim
My offer was ignored. I invited him or another OPD officer... anyway I don't see it happening.

Steve

compmanio365

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Compmanio, Cabela's at 3 and dinner at 5 sounds like a great idea; very flexible. It's still Sunday isn't it?

MD

Sure sounds like it's Sunday......and if the coffee place doesn't work, then where are we going to have dinner in Olympia? We need to all show at the same place and be there at the same time (at least most of us), that way one or two people don't show and become vulnerable being out OCing alone. It sucks we have to think that way, but given the state of affairs in Olympia right now, we really should show as a group. Strength in numbers and all that......

So if it's possible for everyone who is able to meet at Cabelas at 3 pm or so....make sure we all have each other's phone numbers in case someone gets lost trying to meet up in that madhouse, and then we will go wherever we are going to eat about 5. That will give us time to have most people show up and then we can show at the restaurant as a group. It sounds like SV will be joining us a bit later, but that's OK.

Now we just need to figure out exactly where we are going.......I thought there was talk of some BBQ place, but maybe I was hallucinating......:shock:

PS - Oh, and welcome Machoduck! I didn't notice it was your 2nd post before. Glad to see you will be joining us! :D

compmanio365

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
Steve,

Jim
My offer was ignored. I invited him or another OPD officer... anyway I don't see it happening.

Steve
I would be VERY surprised if this was going to happen......the way I see it is they would be afraid it would be taken as an official endorsement of our activities, and their legal department would scream at them like wild banshees if they even asked about the legal ramifications of showing up to an event like this.......don't get your hopes up, in other words......

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dickerson's South Bay BBQ. www.southbaybbq.com I am going to get seating for 8-10 today if I can, otherwise have two backup plans.

My phone is three six oh four five one nine seven one zero anyone feel free to call me, after seven if at all possible. I've talked with a couple of folks, and with my phone being stolen last week won't know who is calling anymore...

I am going to make the reservations for about 5:30 but cannot promise I will be there at that time. I may be a bit late, as I have to come from Shelton on Sunday.

Steve

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Just a quick note.

JavaFlow Coffee will be open until about 5 on Sunday.

Last Word Books on 4th has never minded the two times I came in OCing, and they have an umm... well eclectic selection catering to all tastes, from uber liberals to anarchists. I like it. Lets me exercise the first and second admendments at one time. I have seen some titles that a mainstream book store would not stock, plus they still have some of the old Loompanics titles.

Steve