• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another good State Trooper encounter

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

So I had two new tires put on the front yesterday. This morning as I was heading to work, my car started to rattle, and then I dropped to the road and watched my wheel roll across 3 lanes of traffic and bounce off into the trees. I managed to get to the side of the road and got out of my car. I called my boss to let him know I'd be late, then I called the place that did my tires yesterday. After I got off the phone I thought I should go look for my wheel. My gun was in my pack since my boss would rather I conceal while at work (he has a good reason), so I figured I should throw my holster on so I wasn't leaving the gun in the car.

So I'm standing at the passenger side of my vehicle, threading my belt through my holster (gun in passenger seat), and a trooper pulls up behind me. I looked up and smiled, then quickly got my belt on. As he got out I pointed out what had happened, then let him know that I had a permit and was in the process of holstering up in case I had to leave my car. He shrugged and said ok, so I pulled my gun out, checked the chamber,and holstered while we talked about my car.

Now this is the second time in a week that I've come across Troopers that didn't care that I was armed, and this one even let me handle the firearm while he was next to me chatting. This is great!, but whats the difference between these guys, and the cops that freak out and think you shouldn't so much as look at your gun when they're around? I keep hearing stories about these cops that insist on disarming you and unloading your weapon when they show up, but the ones I run into are cool as hell. Not complaining but I don't get it!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You should see the stand-up comic, Ron White, and the part of his routine where he tells about how *****, a trusted name in automotive care, left the lug nuts loose on one of his wheels.

He says something like, "I promised them I would tell this story every performance until the settlement is reached."

"As I was turning, the left rear wheel fell off. It fell the *uck off! It FELL...THE... *UCK... OFF!! Sending me into a whole new level of pissed off!"

Off course, the audience is dying with laughter.

The difference,I imagine,is that some cops cannot tolerate the idea that others are armed. It makes them feel momentarily physically threatened. Just goes to show you how they really feel about their fellow man.

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Citizen wrote:
You should see the stand-up comic, Ron White, and the part of his routine where he tells about how *****, a trusted name in automotive care, left the lug nuts loose on one of his wheels.

He says something like, "I promised them I would tell this story every performance until the settlement is reached."

"As I was turning, the left rear wheel fell off. It fell the *uck off! It FELL...THE... *UCK... OFF!! Sending me into a whole new level of pissed off!"

Off course, the audience is dying with laughter.

If you went to the same "trusted name in automotive care" that Ron White went to you can split the name of this companieshugetower in Chicago with Ron White after you win it in the lawsuit lol. It'll be called Ron White and DreQo's big old "gosh darned" building.

Glad you're encounter with the state trooper went off without a hitch. I'm kinda waiting for a cop to mess with me so I can tell one of these stories. The only encounter I have so far is with a game warden checking my hunting license.All he asked me was if I had a Springfield.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
Glad you are ok ! That could have been a bad accident.
One of my friends asked me why I wasn't raging pissed. I told them considering what COULD have happened with a wheel falling off at 55 mph with a garbage truck next to me, I'm very glad all that happened was some fixable vehicle damage.