• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man kills burglar

tarzan1888

imported post

Homeowner Challenges Two Burglars, Kills One

COWARTS, Ala. (AP) - Houston County authorities say a homeowner shot and killed one of two men accused of breaking into his rural
home near the Cowarts community Saturday night.

A second suspect was caught by officers called to the scene. The shooting reportedly took place in the living room of a residence on U.S. 82 East.

if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');

Houston County Sheriff Andy Hughes says the homeowner, Peter Webb, dialed 911 at 7:41 p.m. reporting two men had broken into his house. Webb ordered the two men to the floor. The sheriff says Webb fired his handgun when one of the men charged at him.

The dead suspect was identified as 20-year-old Colie Laquad Dunlap of Dothan. Authorities said his older brother, 23-year-old Christopher Lee Dunlap, was charged with first-degree burglary and is being held in the Houston County Jail under a $200,000 bond

Hughes said the homeowner will NOT be charged because the shooting appeared to be a case of justifiable homicide. He said the case will be presented to a grand jury for review.

http://www.wtvynews4.com/home/headlines/12303456.html

Tarzan

expvideo

imported post

This was posted below the story:
Posted by: Arlando Location: Dothan AL
Personally i think it was more to the case because, If you have a handgun pointing at someone, they wouldn't just get up and charge you like Victoria said, "Who in there frame of mind would charge someone with a handgun pointing a them. I believe the grand jury should really take a look at this. And get the full story and how it really happen.
lol, this guy has seen too much TV

tarzan1888

imported post

Silverfox44 wrote:
DPX.45 wrote:
Your story was on the O'Reilly Factor, FOX News last evening. He had the attorney for Mr Horn who shot both of them. They are waiting to see if the prosecutor is going to bring charges.

Silverfox44 It would be wise on your part to follow the link so that you know what the thread is about before you make a comment.

This thread and link are NOT about Joe Horn.

Tarzan

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

This is truly an unfortunate case,

This man was trying to teach his younger brother a valuable trade, one that could put money in his pockets and food on his table for years to come, while still giving him ample time to stay at home...

Too bad:?

;)

expvideo

imported post

openryan wrote:
This is truly an unfortunate case,

This man was trying to teach his younger brother a valuable trade, one that could put money in his pockets and food on his table for years to come, while still giving him ample time to stay at home...

Too bad:?

;)

And don't worry little brother, if you don't make enough money with burglary, you still get paid by the government to not have a legitimate job.

When did this become the American dream?

imperialism2024

imported post

Rather than celebrating the death of a fellow human being, I'll ask a question:

Have any new details come out as to why the second burglar didn't get shot? That is, did the homeowner shoot and miss, or did the second burglar comply with the homeowner's demand and the first didn't?

tarzan1888

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:

Have any new details come out as to why the second burglar didn't get shot? That is, did the homeowner shoot and miss, or did the second burglar comply with the homeowner's demand and the first didn't?

imperialism2024 Why don't you research that and report back to us.

Tarzan

imperialism2024

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

imperialism2024 Why don't you research that and report back to us.
Because it is a case of local interest and my being in Pennsylvania makes it difficult for me to access information about a case in Alabama that hasn't achieved national attention?

The site from which the original link was pulled features another story that basically rearranges how the original was written...

DPX.45

imported post

The homeowner was attempting to hold them on the floor until police officers could get there appartly the one who got shot tried to charge the homeowner when he was calling the police. This is just what I heard. This happened about fifteen miles away from my house.

tarzan1888

imported post

DPX.45 wrote:
The homeowner was attempting to hold them on the floor until police officers could get there appartly the one who got shot tried to charge the homeowner when he was calling the police. This is just what I heard. This happened about fifteen miles away from my house.

Thank you very much. :dude:

Tarzan

MetalChris

imported post

DPX.45 wrote:
I seem to remember a post a while ago where someone :)dude:) said something about most home invaders being on drugs, which was pretty much immediately challenged. Now I don't know about you, but I'm not charging someone who has me at gunpoint (this incident, the Horn incident come to mind) unless I'm on some powerful stuff. In addition, I know that the two scumbags that broke into my dad's church a couple of years ago were on meth.

Thoughts?

tarzan1888

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
DPX.45 wrote:
I seem to remember a post a while ago where someone :)dude:) said something about most home invaders being on drugs, which was pretty much immediately challenged. Now I don't know about you, but I'm not charging someone who has me at gunpoint (this incident, the Horn incident come to mind) unless I'm on some powerful stuff. In addition, I know that the two scumbags that broke into my dad's church a couple of years ago were on meth.

Thoughts?

For you and me I would agree that we would probably not charge someone who has a gun on us.

We are not the bad guys and we don't think like them and we aren't high on drugs

A mind on drugs doesn't process data in a rational manner and thus it has its owner do things that aren't rational, like charging someone with a gun on them.

It is also true that even bad guys who are not on drugs don't think like you and I do as illustrated by the fact that we don't rob other people.

There was a time when I had friends who went in a different direction than I went (they would break into peoples houses and rob them) and knowing some of them as I do, I am inclined to believe that they might want so badly to not be caught, that they would do something that stupid, without being on drugs.

Just my thoughts.

Tarzan

spurrit

imported post

expvideo wrote:
This was posted below the story:
Posted by: Arlando Location: Dothan AL
Personally i think it was more to the case because, If you have a handgun pointing at someone, they wouldn't just get up and charge you like Victoria said, "Who in there frame of mind would charge someone with a handgun pointing a them. I believe the grand jury should really take a look at this. And get the full story and how it really happen.
lol, this guy has seen too much TV
Happens all the time. I'd offer links to videos, but, as I recall, you think all videos are fakes.