• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5 year old shoots bear.

Marco

imported post

I wonder what caliber his rifle was?
It appeared to be a scoped single shot H&R, from the news report I saw.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

You will note right away, how there is a condescending, arrogant, and elistist removed attitute about the South and her traditions, culture, and heritage in the posted emails. I find that disgusting and unconscionable. Of the places I have been in America, there is no region I would rather lay my head down than in the South. Perhaps this is due to my lineage or perhaps it is just a matter of choice and preference. Whatever it is, I find a warm Southern breeze and a soft Southern accent to be welcoming and irresistable.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Born on a mountain top in Tennessee
The greenest state in the land of the free
Raised in the woods so's he knew ev'ry tree
Kilt him a b'ar when he was only three
Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier

Fought single-handed through many a war
Till the enemy was whipped and peace was in store
And while he was handlin' this risky chore
He made himself a legend forever more
Davy, Davy Crockett, the man who knew no fear

He went off to Congress and served a spell
Fixin' up the Government and the laws as well
Took over Washington, so I heard tell
And he patched up the crack in the Liberty Bell
Davy, Davy Crockett, seeing his duty clear

When he came home his politic'ing was done
And the western march had just begun
So he packed his gear and his trusty gun
And lit out a-grinnin' to follow the sun
Davy, Davy Crockett, leading the pioneer

dclabounty

imported post

Honestly most of the comments just pissed me off :cuss: But Skepictoo's trying to enforce NY's laws was rather amusing. I wonder what he would say about OC? :question:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
Honestly most of the comments just pissed me off :cuss: But Skepictoo's trying to enforce NY's laws was rather amusing. I wonder what he would say about OC? :question:
Yeah, trying to quote New York laws for an Arkansas hunting trip. How can these stupid people survive on their own?
I quit reading after a while, most pissed me off, but there were a good number of positive comments too.

Quite an accomplishment for the little kid.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Here is one of the comments:

(I can't tell if this person is an anti, a vegetarian/vegean, or both...)

pandacag
IP: Logged
Posted: 12/12 8:42p ET
shim.gif
shim.gif

This story is so shameful and disgusting. I feel sorry for this young child; being taught it is okay to kill animals just for fun. I can understand if the bear was endangering his life or the lives of others, then we can be proud of the boy for killing the bear; that I can understand. However, to be taught to kill an animal that is just living its life, minding its own business, just for fun; pure disgust! This boy should be taught that humans and animals share this earth and that we must live in harmony with one another. There are better things this child can accomplish besides killing an innocent animal.

expvideo

imported post

This story is so shameful and disgusting. I feel sorry for this young child; being taught it is okay to kill animals just for fun. I can understand if the bear was endangering his life or the lives of others, then we can be proud of the boy for killing the bear; that I can understand. However, to be taught to kill an animal that is just living its life, minding its own business, just for fun; pure disgust! This boy should be taught that humans and animals share this earth and that we must live in harmony with one another. There are better things this child can accomplish besides killing an innocent animal.
Yeah right. smoke another one cheech. This guy seems to think that the parents shouldn't have a choice in how their child is raised.

TrueBrit

imported post

I get the distinct feeling that this kid is being brought up the right way!

And a pox upon the bleeding heart bunny huggers who would make sport of the Southron culture and its ways!

TrueBrit.